Get involved: Send pictures, video, news and views - text NEWS SHOPPER to 80360 or email us
Fishing lake and nature reserve set to open for taster day
CAST off to Cliffe for a free fishing taster session next weekend (Saturday, October 12).
Buckland Lake Fishery and Nature Reserve has teamed up with the Environment Agency and the Angling Trust to host a taster day for the family between 10am and 4pm.
The bait to get visitors along is the chance to take part in free half hour fishing lessons on the mixed coarse, trout lake, or both, led by a level 2 fishing coach.
Both beginners and more experienced anglers looking for hints and tips will be catered for, with all ages and abilities welcome.
The 60-acre nature reserve will also be open for free, with its pleasant 1.5 mile circular walk and wildlife like kingfishers and coots and a cliff-top bird hide for spotting.
Hot and cold drinks and bacon rolls will be available throughout the day.
Go to bucklandlake.co.uk or call 01634 220005.
- Kids can meet Buzz Lightyear and Peppa Pig while adults munch at shopping centre
- Charlton darts legend Andy Fordham on the comeback trail in Greenwich
- Lanterns lead light switch on in Greenwich
- TRAVEL REVIEW: Edgewater South Beach Hotel, Miami Beach
- Saints and Sinners leads the juicing revolution in Petts Wood
Comments are closed on this article.