Get involved: Send pictures, video, news and views - text NEWS SHOPPER to 80360 or email us
Nelson, Navy, Nation exhibition to open in Greenwich on Trafalgar Day
A MAJOR new permanent gallery in Greenwich dedicated to the Nelson and the Navy features treasures including a Hogarth painting and the famous Admiral’s uniform from Trafalgar.
The Nelson, Navy, Nation exhibition opens at the National Maritime Museum on Trafalgar Day, October 21.
It looks at how the Royal Navy shaped individual lives and the course of British History from the Glorious Revolution on 1688 to the defeat of Napoleon in 1815.
The exhibition brings together over 250 objects including Devi’s Death of Nelson and William Hogarth’s Captain Lord George Graham in his cabin, together with lesser-known gems like Gabriel Bray’s shipboard watercolours.
Go to rmg.co.uk
- Top notch dinner treatment at the Southbank Centre's Members’ event: New York State of Wine
- Kids can meet Buzz Lightyear and Peppa Pig while adults munch at shopping centre
- Charlton darts legend Andy Fordham on the comeback trail in Greenwich
- Lanterns lead light switch on in Greenwich
- TRAVEL REVIEW: Edgewater South Beach Hotel, Miami Beach
Comments are closed on this article.