Get involved: Send pictures, video, news and views - text NEWS SHOPPER to 80360 or email us
Crystal Palace Overground Festival seeks volunteers to help event grow
CRYSTAL Palace Overground Festival’s organisers are inviting locals to get involved to help the festival grow.
The annual four-day community arts festival is run entirely by volunteers and sponsored by businesses.
An open meeting is being held from 6pm to 8pm at Antenna Cafe Thing on Sunday, October 6.
Festival chairman and programme director Noreen Meehan said: “The festival was a huge success in 2013 with around 6,000 people attending it and it still amazes me that we manage to pull it off each year with the current dearth of funding for the arts.
“But we do, and this is thanks to the incredible team of volunteers who get involved and offer their skills and energy for free. Without them it simply wouldn’t happen.
“We have lots of varied festival roles and the more volunteers we can recruit to the organising team, the better.”
Go to crystalpalacefestival.org for information.
- Lanterns lead light switch on in Greenwich
- TRAVEL REVIEW: Edgewater South Beach Hotel, Miami Beach
- Saints and Sinners leads the juicing revolution in Petts Wood
- Pop into Little Nan's Bar in Deptford to try her 103-year-old drink recipes
- TRAVEL REVIEW: Castaways Beach and Bay Cottages, Sanibel Island, Florida
Comments are closed on this article.