Get involved: Send pictures, video, news and views - text NEWS SHOPPER to 80360 or email us
Chills, thrills and sexual obsession in pair of plays at New Cross theatre
12:00pm Monday 23rd September 2013 in Leisure latest news
COMPANY Beyond Theatre is bringing a pair of plays to The London Theatre in New Cross this October.
Chilling and sinister Victorian thriller Gaslight by Patrick Hamilton is on from October 8 to 12, exploring the darker side of human nature with murder, domestic abuse and insanity.
Director Barrie Addenbrooke said: “Gaslight has retained the power to shock & disturb since its premiere in 1938. The Victorian setting highlights modern issues of abuse and domestic violence."
Author Peter Turner’s directorial debut Smoking with Lulu, from October 15 to 19, is a tale of sexual obsession in the roaring twenties.
Tickets to both shows cost £12 or £9 concessions. Call 020 8694 1888 or go to thelondontheatre.com
- Harris Academy pupil wins place at prestigious Ballet school
- Theatre to sell £1 tickets for every show
- Celebrities line up for Strictly Live tour
- WIN! Family tickets to see Charlie and Lola at Bluewater
- Vibe talks to Greenwich Panto Puss in Boots star Alim Jayda
Comments are closed on this article.