Chicken Satay Sticks are always a firm favourite at any party and perfect for any celebrations. Alternatively you can use turkey, beef or prawns, and if you like your food a little hotter, add more sweet chilli sauce.
Preparation Time: 40 minutes Cooking Time: 10 minutes Makes: 16 sticks Ingredients 2-3 chicken breasts, cut into strips 150g satay peanut sauce 2 tbsp sweet chilli dipping sauce Lime wedges, to serve Shredded spring onion and red chilli, to garnish Method 1) Soak 16 bamboo skewers in water for at least 30 minutes.
2) Cut each chicken breast into four long slices lengthways and then in half horizontally to give you 16 pieces.
3) Place the chicken into a large bowl and add 100g satay sauce and the sweet chilli sauce. Toss until the chicken is evenly covered. Leave to marinade for about 30 minutes.
4) Thread the chicken in a zigzag onto the bamboo skewer.
5) Cook the chicken under a preheated grill for 4-6 minutes turning occasionally or until cooked through.
6) Serve the satay sticks with a squeeze of lime juice, sprinkled with the shredded spring onion and chilli, alongside the remaining satay sauce as a dip.
© Copyright 2001-2013 Newsquest Media Group