11:23am Wednesday 14th May 2014
The search is on for more foster carers for Bromley children and young people.
• Support available as a foster carer
Foster carers do not work alone, you will be provided with full training and support to ensure that you can provide the highest standards of care to vunerable children and young people.
The Skills to Foster training course is free to all potential foster carers invited to attend. The programme provides a great opportunity to gain more information about what’s involved in fostering. Fostering is challenging, but everyone who takes part will tell you it’s hugely rewarding too.
You will also receive a realistic allowance to enable you to become a foster carer.
Not only will you be a special person in the lives of young people who really need your care, help, support, patience, sense of humour and life experience to carry them through, but you’ll have a great career and the satisfaction of knowing that you really are making a difference.
• For more infomation call one of the organisations below.
FOSTERING: Key requirements
- You are the right kind of person and are fit and healthy.
- Have a spare room where a child or young person could feel at home.
- A secure and settled wider family base.
- Have the life skills and experience to meet the needs of children and young people.
Foster carers come from all walks of life – you may be at home with your own children and have room for one or more, your children have flown the nest but you have a wealth of experience to offer, or you haven’t any children of your own. Whatever the reason, fostering could offer you a fulfilling way of life that really benefits others in so many different ways.