EXPERIMENTAL ROAD CLOSURE AND PARKING AMENDMENTSNotice ID: SUT0470013
WANDSWORTH BOROUGH COUNCIL
EXPERIMENTAL ROAD CLOSURE AND PARKING AMENDMENTS
FRANCHE COURT ROAD
The Wandsworth (Prescribed Routes) (No. 1) Experimental Order 2018
The Wandsworth (Garratt Green) (Parking Places) (No. 1) Experimental Order 2018
The Wandsworth (Waiting and Loading Restriction) (Special Parking Places) (No. 1) Experimental Order 2018
1. NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that the Council of the London Borough of Wandsworth on 29°' January 2018 made the above mentioned Orders under sections 9 and 10 of and Part IV of Schedule 9 to the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 as amended by the Local Government Act 1985 and the Traffic Management Act 2004.
2. The general effect of the Prescribed Routes Order will be to prohibit all vehicles, except pedal cycles:
(a) travelling In a south-westerly direction on Franche Court Road to enter that part of Franche Court Road between the north-eastern kerb-line of Burmester Road and the north-eastern kerb-line of Garratt Lane; and
(b) travelling in a north-easterly direction on Franche Court Road to enter that part of Franche Court Road between a point 1 metre south-west of the north-eastern kerb-line of Burmester Road and the south-western kerb-line of Franche Court Road (north-west to south-east arm).
3. The general effect of the Parking Places Order will be to shorten the following parking places in the north-east to southwest arm of Franche Court Road:
(a) on the north-west side, outside No. 23a Franche Court Road;
(b) on the north-west side, outside No. 23 Franche Court Road; and
(c) on the south-east side, outside No. 22 Franche Court Road.
4. The general effect of the Waiting and Loading Restriction Order will be to install double yellow line "at any time" waiting restrictions:
(a) at the junction with Burmester Road;
(b) both sides of the new buildout outside No. 23a Franche Court Road and opposite Burmester Road; and
(c) both sides outside Nos. 23a and 23 Franche Court Road.
5. Copies of the Orders, which will come into operation on 16th February 2018, and of documents and plans giving more detailed particulars of the Orders, can be inspected during normal office hours on Mondays to Fridays inclusive until the end of a period of six weeks from the date on which the Orders were made in The Customer Centre, The Town Hall, Wandsworth High Street, London, SW18 2PU.
6. Copies of the Orders may be obtained from the Department of Environment and Community Services at the address given below quoting Reference W/ECS/TM01673 - telephone (020) 8487 5279.
7. Whilst the Orders remain in force, the Assistant Director - Traffic and Engineering, or some person authorised by him, may modify or suspend the Orders or any provision contained in them if it appears to him or that other person essential in the interests of the expeditious, convenient and safe movement of traffic or of the provision of suitable and adequate parking facilities on the highway or for preserving or improving the amenities of the area through which any road affected by the Orders run.
8. The Council will consider in due course whether the provisions of the Orders should be reproduced and continued in force indefinitely by means of Orders under sections 6, 45, 46, 49 and 124 of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984. Any person wishing to object to the making of the Orders for the purpose of such reproduction and continuation may, within the above mentioned period of six months, send a statement in writing
of their objection and the grounds on which it is made to the Director of Environment and Community Services at the address below (quoting the reference W/ES/TM01673).
9. Any person desiring to question the validity of the Orders or of any provision contained in them on the grounds that it is not within the relevant powers of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 or that any of the relevant requirements of that Act or of any relevant regulations made under that Act have not been complied with in relation to the Orders may, within six weeks from the date on which the Orders were made, make application for the purpose to the High Court.
Dated this first day of February 2018
The Town Hall PAUL MARTIN
Wandsworth Chief Executive