A recently bereaved Gravesend woman is taking part in a walk in honour of her father.
Julie Crocker, of Riverview Park, will be taking part in the Twilight Walk on September 19 with daughters Rosie, 20, and Laura Hobson, 17, and several friends.
Her 75-year-old father Roger Tomlinson, died in July after a four-year battle with cancer.
He was granted his dying wish to spend his final days at home thanks to the help of EllenorLions Hospices in Coldharbour Road, Northfleet.
Ms Crocker, 44, said: "When he was fearful the nurses reassured him and they helped us to care for him. We knew we could call on them at any time, even if late at night.
"We’re so grateful for what they did and by taking part in Twilight Walk we will be able to raise money to help the charity care for other families like us."
Now in its sixth year, the event helps to raise funds for the hospice charity so it can provide care to seriously ill adults and children and their families.
Former EastEnders star Cheryl Fergison will also be joining the walk.
The Sidcup actress, who is a Patron of EllenorLions Hospices, will be joining hundreds of other participants on the 8km walk in Cyclopark.
Entry is £15 and walkers will also receive a goody bag and lots of treats along the route. Registration on the night will be £20.
- Woman, 88, dies after being hit by car in Northfleet
- What's On: 17 reasons to go out this week in south London
- 16-year-old boy fighting for his life after stabbing in Deptford
- Plan your tactics: Firms and staff urged to be flexible during Euro 2016
- Stop cold calls with a text OR use our 11 funny ways to deal with them instead