A group of patients have clubbed together to raise £1,000 for a new defibrillator in their Welling GP practice.
They presented the life-saving piece of equipment to Westwood Surgery in Westwood Lane on Monday (August 4).
Approximately 60,000 suffer cardiac arrest outside of hospital every year and defibrillators can play a huge role in saving someone's life.
Westwood Patient Participation Group (WPPG) secretary Linda Gardner said: 'The presentation of the defibrillator to Westwood Surgery was the culmination of many months of fundraising by our group.
"It is a life saving piece of emergency equipment which will be a valuable community resource.
"We are pleased to have reached our first fundraising target and the staff at Westwood are delighted to take possession of the equipment."
- Wanted Wednesday - Do you know Lewisham police's five most wanted?
- Biggin Hill hangar offers aviation fan the chance to fly in a Spitfire for Remembrance Day
- Chance to audition for three plays in Bromley
- Dotty drawings done on napkins in Gravesend cafe win award for artist
- Police appeal for information after thieves swipe watches worth £22,000 in Chislehurst