A group of patients have clubbed together to raise £1,000 for a new defibrillator in their Welling GP practice.
They presented the life-saving piece of equipment to Westwood Surgery in Westwood Lane on Monday (August 4).
Approximately 60,000 suffer cardiac arrest outside of hospital every year and defibrillators can play a huge role in saving someone's life.
Westwood Patient Participation Group (WPPG) secretary Linda Gardner said: 'The presentation of the defibrillator to Westwood Surgery was the culmination of many months of fundraising by our group.
"It is a life saving piece of emergency equipment which will be a valuable community resource.
"We are pleased to have reached our first fundraising target and the staff at Westwood are delighted to take possession of the equipment."
- 'Pools of blood' after teenage boy stabbed in Lewisham Shopping Centre
- Crayford boy refuses to attend school after being dropped from top set of classes
- People led to safety as man is seen holding 'giant axe' in Sidcup
- Man rushed to hospital after stabbing in Eltham
- Swanley by-election triggered following death of Swanley councillor