A group of patients have clubbed together to raise £1,000 for a new defibrillator in their Welling GP practice.
They presented the life-saving piece of equipment to Westwood Surgery in Westwood Lane on Monday (August 4).
Approximately 60,000 suffer cardiac arrest outside of hospital every year and defibrillators can play a huge role in saving someone's life.
Westwood Patient Participation Group (WPPG) secretary Linda Gardner said: 'The presentation of the defibrillator to Westwood Surgery was the culmination of many months of fundraising by our group.
"It is a life saving piece of emergency equipment which will be a valuable community resource.
"We are pleased to have reached our first fundraising target and the staff at Westwood are delighted to take possession of the equipment."
- VIDEO: Catford Bridge Tavern 'will reopen' despite huge fire
- PICTURED: Special funeral preparations underway in Hayes for UK's former tallest man
- Long delays on the M25 due to Dartford Tunnel crash
- Fearne Cotton presents Welling woman with Mum of the Year award
- High Court rules in favour of Gravesham Council in Heritage Quarter hearing