A group of patients have clubbed together to raise £1,000 for a new defibrillator in their Welling GP practice.
They presented the life-saving piece of equipment to Westwood Surgery in Westwood Lane on Monday (August 4).
Approximately 60,000 suffer cardiac arrest outside of hospital every year and defibrillators can play a huge role in saving someone's life.
Westwood Patient Participation Group (WPPG) secretary Linda Gardner said: 'The presentation of the defibrillator to Westwood Surgery was the culmination of many months of fundraising by our group.
"It is a life saving piece of emergency equipment which will be a valuable community resource.
"We are pleased to have reached our first fundraising target and the staff at Westwood are delighted to take possession of the equipment."
- Man, 58, charged with murder after body found in Deptford
- Is this Britain's worst family? Deptford killer's drunk sister smashes car into bus
- Mottingham residents claim they are living 'in the dark ages'
- Anerley man charged with raping 15-year-old schoolgirl and two other sex offences
- What's on this weekend (November 22 and 23)