An elderly woman missing from Penge has been found safe and well, police have said.
Lilian Turner, 85, known to friends by her middle name, Jean, was reported unaccounted for yesterday (Aug 27) after leaving her home in Sutherland Court in Thesiger Road.
Lilian suffers from dementia and police were concerned she could have been in a confused state. Police believed she might have travelled to Catford or Elmers End and could possibly have gone by bus.
She was last seen wearing a white blouse embroidered with flowers, black trousers, and white sandals. She also had a walking stick and holdall with her.
She is described as a white woman, approximately 5ft 3ins tall, and has grey/white hair.
Acting Inspector Katey Martin said: "We're extremely concerned about Lilian and would appeal to the public to keep a look out for her and get in touch if they have any information.
"She has not long since moved into her new home, so she won't be overly familiar with the local area. I'd urge anyone who might have seen her or with information to call police straight away."
Anyone who may have seen Lilian or who has information on her whereabouts should call police on 999.
- Stop cold calls with a text OR use our 11 funny ways to deal with them instead
- Driving instructor uses car park to teach bay parking for FIVE MINUTES, gets £60 fine
- UPDATE: Exams 'interrupted' after Welling school bomb threat
- INQUEST: Albanian Belmarsh inmate's cell was 'covered in faeces and urine'
- Can you help? Female jogger sexually assaulted during mid-week morning run in Thamesmead