Bromley pop star Pixie Lott has been confirmed as the eleventh contestant on the ever popular Strictly Come Dancing.
The singer, 23, who grew up in Petts Wood and Bickley, was unveiled by the BBC on Twitter earlier today (Aug 27).
Pixie also tweeted the news after teasing her followers in the build up by commenting: “So excited! Some news is coming, can’t wait to tell you!”
Pixie, who spent many years training at Chislehurst’s Italia Conti studio before moving to central London, joins a host of other celebrities for the 2014 series.
The line up also sees the likes of tennis coach Judy Murray, naturalist Steve Backshall, and former Towie man Mark Wright.
Strictly Come Dancing starts in September and will be the first without host Bruce Forsyth, who is being replaced by Claudia Winkleman.
- Woolwich drug dealer caught after pooing himself and revealing thousands of pounds worth of heroin
- Police name victims of Camber Sands beach tragedy as young men from Plumstead, Welling and Erith
- 'They couldn't swim': Dad of Erith brothers who died at Camber Sands asks why there was no lifeguard
- Thieves jailed after stealing life-saving equipment from Lewisham and Dartford fire stations
- South Darenth man jailed after trying to sell more than £200,000 worth of cocaine