Bromley pop star Pixie Lott has been confirmed as the eleventh contestant on the ever popular Strictly Come Dancing.
The singer, 23, who grew up in Petts Wood and Bickley, was unveiled by the BBC on Twitter earlier today (Aug 27).
Pixie also tweeted the news after teasing her followers in the build up by commenting: “So excited! Some news is coming, can’t wait to tell you!”
Pixie, who spent many years training at Chislehurst’s Italia Conti studio before moving to central London, joins a host of other celebrities for the 2014 series.
The line up also sees the likes of tennis coach Judy Murray, naturalist Steve Backshall, and former Towie man Mark Wright.
Strictly Come Dancing starts in September and will be the first without host Bruce Forsyth, who is being replaced by Claudia Winkleman.
- UPDATE: Motorcyclist dies and passenger seriously injured after crash in Dartford
- 30,000 new jobs on the cards as Ebbsfleet Garden City announces 11 acre commercial centre
- PubSpy reviews The George, Bexley
- Queues on Sidcup By-Pass after motorbike and car crash
- Live blog for south-east London and north Kent on September 30