Bromley pop star Pixie Lott has been confirmed as the eleventh contestant on the ever popular Strictly Come Dancing.
The singer, 23, who grew up in Petts Wood and Bickley, was unveiled by the BBC on Twitter earlier today (Aug 27).
Pixie also tweeted the news after teasing her followers in the build up by commenting: “So excited! Some news is coming, can’t wait to tell you!”
Pixie, who spent many years training at Chislehurst’s Italia Conti studio before moving to central London, joins a host of other celebrities for the 2014 series.
The line up also sees the likes of tennis coach Judy Murray, naturalist Steve Backshall, and former Towie man Mark Wright.
Strictly Come Dancing starts in September and will be the first without host Bruce Forsyth, who is being replaced by Claudia Winkleman.
- An 18-year-old man is fighting for his life after being stabbed in broad daylight by a gang of youths
- Sudden death of ‘true gentleman’ could lead to heart screenings for Erith students
- Bluewater's huge expansion could have a big impact on Bexleyheath and other town centres, council warns
- Burglary gang stole expensive cars and used them to steal from convenience stores
- Here are the pieces of the homemade bomb that jurors were told nearly blew up North Greenwich Tube station