An education minister is visiting a Bromley special needs centre next month.
Edward Timpson MP, Minister for Children and Families, is set to tour the Phoenix Centre in Masons Hill on Monday September 1.
The site provides special educational needs and disability services to children in the borough.
The Tory politician’s visit coincides with the Children and Families Act becoming law and Mr Timpson will be meeting families who have received a new plan hoped to improve care services.
Bromley, along with Bexley and Enfield, is one local authority trialling the reforms before they are rolled out nationwide.
- Blackheath and Woolwich gynaecologist struck off after squeezing patient's nipples to see if they were 'still milking'
- UKIP chooses candidates for Dartford Council by-elections
- Man, 22, arrested over Thamesmead murder of Ben Fasina
- Panic at Lewisham Hospital after someone shouts 'Ebola' following admission of patient by staff wearing biohazard suits
- Pro golfer-turned police officer back on the golf course to take a swing at anti-social youths