An education minister is visiting a Bromley special needs centre next month.
Edward Timpson MP, Minister for Children and Families, is set to tour the Phoenix Centre in Masons Hill on Monday September 1.
The site provides special educational needs and disability services to children in the borough.
The Tory politician’s visit coincides with the Children and Families Act becoming law and Mr Timpson will be meeting families who have received a new plan hoped to improve care services.
Bromley, along with Bexley and Enfield, is one local authority trialling the reforms before they are rolled out nationwide.
- Crayford couple open The Penny Farthing - Bexley's second micropub
- Pair prosecuted for attempts to defraud Greenwich Council
- Police appeal following stolen jewellery in Lewisham
- Penge fundraising campaign to remember Second World War dead is a success
- WIN! Tickets to West End hit Memphis the Musical