An education minister is visiting a Bromley special needs centre next month.
Edward Timpson MP, Minister for Children and Families, is set to tour the Phoenix Centre in Masons Hill on Monday September 1.
The site provides special educational needs and disability services to children in the borough.
The Tory politician’s visit coincides with the Children and Families Act becoming law and Mr Timpson will be meeting families who have received a new plan hoped to improve care services.
Bromley, along with Bexley and Enfield, is one local authority trialling the reforms before they are rolled out nationwide.
- 'The people of Bromley are fantastic': Boxing legend Kellie Maloney opens up about life as a woman
- Health alert as temperatures soar to heatwave highs of 33C in SE London and north Kent
- Greenwich lion dance celebrates Dragon Boat Festival
- 'For once I felt like I could be myself' - Dartford boy beats the bullies
- UPDATE: Burst water main part-floods West Wickham road and leaves homes without water