The Gravesham Mayor had a wheely great time at the opening of a skate ramp in Meopham earlier this month.
The brand new facility at Culverstone Recreation Ground in Mountfield Close has been designed for beginner and intermediate skaters following a public consultation.
Kent wardens Mandy Cason and Jacquie Fuller worked with Gravesham Council's sport and recreation officer Danielle Lock as well as members of the community to get funding from Gravesham Council, Meopham Parish Council and a charitable grant.
Danielle Lock said: "The ramp is already getting used by the locals and seems to be going down very well.
"Working with the local community on this project has been great and the young people have been really involved during the whole process from the consultation right through to the design."
Mayor of Gravesham Councillor John Caller said: "The mayoress and I really enjoyed ourselves at the launch of the ramp.
"It’s great to see young people taking part in physical activity and they were very proud to show off their new facility."
The ramp was unveiled on August 11.
- Woman, 18, ‘raped’ in Erith underpass
- Ex-Bexleyheath Academy assistant vice-principal loses appeal after sexual relationship with pupil
- Spurned lover shames 'cheating' ex with posters plastered around Woolwich
- Young girl ‘inappropriately touched’ by man, in his 60s, in Sidcup
- ‘I’ve lost my lifeline’: Mobility scooter stolen from Catford man with two months to live