Dartford Council is issuing a commemorative medal to mark the centenary of the outbreak of the First World War.
The medal will be available to Dartford households with a connection or family history related to the Great War and residents will be invited to contribute to a book of remembrance.
People may obtain their medal in person (one per household) at the Civic Centre in Home Gardens and Dartford Borough Museum in Market Street.
Dartford Leader Councillor Jeremy Kite said: "It is touching to see how much interest surrounds this year’s centenary events and the council wanted to offer a lasting memento of an event which changed the lives of so many families in our borough.
"The Dartford Borough Council Commemorative World War One medal is a simple but significant reminder of the sacrifice made by so many and I hope it will be valued by many households."
- MAPPED: 15 amazing Easter Egg hunts
- 50kg of coffee goes up in flames in Dartford industrial estate
- Taxi drivers taking stand against 'robot' driverless cars across London
- Hayes road closed after winds leave scaffolding dangling
- MAPPED: 19 fun family events for the Easter holidays in north Kent and south east London