Dartford Council is issuing a commemorative medal to mark the centenary of the outbreak of the First World War.
The medal will be available to Dartford households with a connection or family history related to the Great War and residents will be invited to contribute to a book of remembrance.
People may obtain their medal in person (one per household) at the Civic Centre in Home Gardens and Dartford Borough Museum in Market Street.
Dartford Leader Councillor Jeremy Kite said: "It is touching to see how much interest surrounds this year’s centenary events and the council wanted to offer a lasting memento of an event which changed the lives of so many families in our borough.
"The Dartford Borough Council Commemorative World War One medal is a simple but significant reminder of the sacrifice made by so many and I hope it will be valued by many households."
- UPDATE: Met Office warn drivers to expect icy conditions over the weekend
- Now you can get p****d up at the Brewery! Meantime launches The Tasting Rooms in Greenwich
- Ocado plans £98.8m distribution centre for Erith
- Greenhithe's Len Goodman joins Strictly Come Dancing Live tour in Greenwich
- PICTURED: Police bust huge cannabis factory worth £250K at Chelsfield farmhouse