A public consultation has been opened into the powers and the make-up of the body which will drive construction of a garden city at Ebbsfleet.
It is proposed the Ebbsfleet Development Corporation will act as the local planning authority, co-ordinate investment, deliver affordable housing and solve the issues which have held the project back since plans were first mooted in 1996.
The government says it wants people’s views on the body, which will oversee the building of 15,000 homes backed by £200 million of government infrastructure funding.
Communities and local government secretary Eric Pickles also announced Michael Cassidy, chair of the City of London Property Investment Board, will head the EBC.
Dartford MP Gareth Johnson said: "I think it is vital local people play a full part in the creation of the garden city and it is essential that the views of local residents are listened to.
"The garden city has the potential of being a really positive contribution to the area but we have to ensure local people’s views on issues such as infrastructure are heard."
To have your say on the area in which the EDC will operate, the planning powers it will be granted
and the composition of its board, visit gov.uk/government/consultations/ebbsfleet-development before October 6 to have your say.
- Bus driver describes finding man who wasn’t breathing in Bexleyheath and trying to get help
- ‘I don’t want to draw my curtains’: Anger after huge phone mast goes up due to council mistake
- An 18-year-old man is fighting for his life after being stabbed in broad daylight by a gang of youths
- Sudden death of ‘true gentleman’ could lead to heart screenings for Erith students
- Listen up, audio boffins think they've got the perfect way to put you in a good mood on train journeys