A family in Orpington has had a playful exotic visitor in the back garden.
Alicia Davies said last month she and her daughter were startled to see a mystery bird arrive for an afternoon sojourn.
Ms Davies, 57, from Crofton Lane, said it was a welcome guest but is worried it is someone’s pet as it did not look comfortable “in the wild”. She told News Shopper: “It was very nice to see – really bright and colourful.
“We think it’s a lovebird but can’t be sure. It looks exotic. We think it could be a lovebird.
“It flew onto the feeder but struggled to get any of the seeds. I tried to grab it but it flew off towards Locksbottom.
“I think it’s someone’s pet.”
Ms Davies’ daughter, Lizzie, 27, managed to take some photographs of the bird when it visited on July 14.
Are you missing a bird? Get in touch if so: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Crayford Road water pipe repairs complete - road to reopen soon
- Damaged water pipe causes fountain to appear in Blackheath street
- Shocking figures show how long you'd have to live to afford buying your first south London home
- UPDATE: Teenager in court over North Greenwich Tube station 'bomb' alert
- Police helicopter used in search of Bluewater area for person 'carrying a gun'