A family in Orpington has had a playful exotic visitor in the back garden.
Alicia Davies said last month she and her daughter were startled to see a mystery bird arrive for an afternoon sojourn.
Ms Davies, 57, from Crofton Lane, said it was a welcome guest but is worried it is someone’s pet as it did not look comfortable “in the wild”. She told News Shopper: “It was very nice to see – really bright and colourful.
“We think it’s a lovebird but can’t be sure. It looks exotic. We think it could be a lovebird.
“It flew onto the feeder but struggled to get any of the seeds. I tried to grab it but it flew off towards Locksbottom.
“I think it’s someone’s pet.”
Ms Davies’ daughter, Lizzie, 27, managed to take some photographs of the bird when it visited on July 14.
Are you missing a bird? Get in touch if so: email@example.com
- What's on this weekend in south east London and north Kent (September 20 and 21)
- Man jailed after sawn-off shot gun found in Penge
- PICTURES: Huge queues for launch of iPhone 6 at Bluewater and intu Bromley
- Meet Daisy - 500th dog to be microchipped for free by Gravesham Council
- Erith civil servant wins best song for third year