On Blackheath’s headliner Frank Turner gave a sneak preview of next month’s festival at an intimate launch party last night.
The Wessex Boy singer played a handful of acoustic songs at a soiree thrown at event sponsors John Lewis’ rooftop garden in Oxford Street.
As well as performing, Frank joined world renowned promoter Harvey Goldsmith to announce the winners of the #playonblackheath competition, Rhys Lewis and the Relics.
Greenwich’s Meantime brewery supplied the beers while snacks came from chef Neil Rankin and the Meringue Girls, who will both be at On Blackheath.
Celebrity chef Gizzi Erskine, who will host her own ‘chef’s club’ at the festival was also among the guests at the exclusive gig.
On Blackheath, on September 13 and 14, features sets from Massive Attack, Grace Jones, Aloe Blacc, Imelda May, Levellers and Deptford’s Athlete.
Tickets cost £57.50 for an adult day ticket. Go to onblackheath.com
Earlier this year, Vibe spoke to Frank Turner. Read the interview here.
- EUROVISION: 16 things you need to know about Beckenham’s Bianca Nicholas, one half the UK’s entry Electro Velvet
- Made in Chelsea star Andy Jordan joins line-up for Dartford Festival
- Beach Boys founder Brian Wilson discusses new album, Greenwich tour date and John Cusack-starring biopic
- Gravesend woman 'stunned' as her cake pops are presented to One Direction on top US chat show
- Bob Dylan art on display in Kent