Firefighters rescued an infant from a fire at a block of flats on John Wilson Street in Woolwich.
The fire, which was attended by the emetgency services yesterday afternoon, affected part of the kitchen in a ground floor flat.
The child was taken to hospital by London Ambulance Service.
Fire engines from Eltham and Sidcup fire stations attended the incident.
The fire was brought under control at 1519.
- Northfleet pervert jailed after vigilante group tricks him to meet fake schoolgirl for sex
- Terror arrest after 'bomb' alert at North Greenwich station
- Family of Eltham parliament engineer who died from asbestos-related cancer launch legal battle
- Murder accused 'may have cooked and eaten parts of' Greenhithe police officer
- UPDATE: Boy taken to hospital after Chislehurst crash