Firefighters rescued an infant from a fire at a block of flats on John Wilson Street in Woolwich.
The fire, which was attended by the emetgency services yesterday afternoon, affected part of the kitchen in a ground floor flat.
The child was taken to hospital by London Ambulance Service.
Fire engines from Eltham and Sidcup fire stations attended the incident.
The fire was brought under control at 1519.
- 'Pools of blood' after teenage boy stabbed in Lewisham Shopping Centre
- Crayford boy refuses to attend school after being dropped from top set of classes
- People led to safety as man is seen holding 'giant axe' in Sidcup
- Man rushed to hospital after stabbing in Eltham
- Swanley by-election triggered following death of Swanley councillor