Firefighters rescued an infant from a fire at a block of flats on John Wilson Street in Woolwich.
The fire, which was attended by the emetgency services yesterday afternoon, affected part of the kitchen in a ground floor flat.
The child was taken to hospital by London Ambulance Service.
Fire engines from Eltham and Sidcup fire stations attended the incident.
The fire was brought under control at 1519.
- Woolwich man 'stabbed in car' just yards from London Marathon route
- UPDATE: Teenager, 15, reported missing from Greenwich two weeks ago found safe and well
- Former Gravesham mayor and council leader Frank Gibson dies
- Daredevil's Charlie Cox chats to Vibe about Netflix's smash and possibility of Avengers team-up
- VIDEO: 37,000 people (and giant testicles) run through Greenwich in biggest ever London Marathon