A young girl was reportedly the victim of an attempted abduction in Gravesend.
She is said to have been out having a picnic with her parents in Gordon Promenade at around 3pm on July 26 when a woman who did not know her picked her up.
The suspect allegedly tried to walk off with the girl before her father saw what was happening and grabbed her back.
The incident was reported to Kent Police at 9.40pm the same day.
A spokesman said: “The father of the little girl took his child back and they left the promenade.
“Enquiries are ongoing to establish the circumstances around the incident.”
- Northfleet pervert jailed after vigilante group tricks him to meet fake schoolgirl for sex
- Terror arrest after 'bomb' alert at North Greenwich station
- Family of Eltham parliament engineer who died from asbestos-related cancer launch legal battle
- Murder accused 'may have cooked and eaten parts of' Greenhithe police officer
- UPDATE: Boy taken to hospital after Chislehurst crash