A young girl was reportedly the victim of an attempted abduction in Gravesend.
She is said to have been out having a picnic with her parents in Gordon Promenade at around 3pm on July 26 when a woman who did not know her picked her up.
The suspect allegedly tried to walk off with the girl before her father saw what was happening and grabbed her back.
The incident was reported to Kent Police at 9.40pm the same day.
A spokesman said: “The father of the little girl took his child back and they left the promenade.
“Enquiries are ongoing to establish the circumstances around the incident.”
- UPDATE: Council bosses back Biggin Hill Airport extended operating hours
- UPDATE: Paedophile pub landlord jailed for sexually assaulting 4-year-old boy
- Disgusting Abbey Wood paedophile guilty of repeatedly raping teenage girl
- Help solve mystery of 'neglected' dead dog dumped in Catford
- Plans to build school on Bromley park shelved