A body found in Biggin Hill is that of missing Gravesend woman Jane Dale.
Officers from the Metropolitan Police Service and Kent Police found the body of a woman in a woodland area of Norheads Lane last night (July 17).
Jane Sylvia Dale, aged 40, left her home address in Maritime Gate on July 13 at around 3.30pm to travel to Croydon by car. She was last seen in Purley, Croydon, at around 5.45pm.
Miss Dale's silver Ford Focus was found locked and empty in a remote country lane in Norheads Lane, Biggin Hill. It is believed to have been parked there from around 7pm on July 13.
She was reported missing at 4.30pm on July 14 and her body was found in woodland near Norheads Lane last night.
She had links to the Croydon area.
Kent Police confirmed a woman's body was found and the death was being treated as unexplained awaiting the results of a post mortem which will take place later today (July 18).
A spokesman for Kent Police said: "The body, a woman believed aged in her 40s, was confirmed dead at the scene.
"Officers believe they know who the decease is and next of kin have been informed, but formal identification is still to take place."
- UPDATE: Police arrest knife-wielding man 'throwing stuff off roof' in Erith
- Ex-judo champion from Greenhithe jailed for attempting to smuggle Albanian migrants into UK
- APPEAL: Vulnerable man, who suffers from Asperger's, missing from Catford
- VIDEO: Orpington dad's plea to see children grow up after five-year battle with cancer
- Sydenham pervert Rolf Harris 'writing songs taunting sex abuse victims' from prison