A body found in Biggin Hill is that of missing Gravesend woman Jane Dale.
Officers from the Metropolitan Police Service and Kent Police found the body of a woman in a woodland area of Norheads Lane last night (July 17).
Jane Sylvia Dale, aged 40, left her home address in Maritime Gate on July 13 at around 3.30pm to travel to Croydon by car. She was last seen in Purley, Croydon, at around 5.45pm.
Miss Dale's silver Ford Focus was found locked and empty in a remote country lane in Norheads Lane, Biggin Hill. It is believed to have been parked there from around 7pm on July 13.
She was reported missing at 4.30pm on July 14 and her body was found in woodland near Norheads Lane last night.
She had links to the Croydon area.
Kent Police confirmed a woman's body was found and the death was being treated as unexplained awaiting the results of a post mortem which will take place later today (July 18).
A spokesman for Kent Police said: "The body, a woman believed aged in her 40s, was confirmed dead at the scene.
"Officers believe they know who the decease is and next of kin have been informed, but formal identification is still to take place."
- 15-year-old boy arrested in Kidbrooke park knifepoint rape investigation
- 'Jordan was preparing to go on a family holiday - now his parents are planning his funeral', police chief says on day arrest made and £10k reward is offered
- 'Simply unbelievable': Strangers turn up with car loads of toys to help a burgled pre-school
- Forest Hill restaurant sparks fury with a tasteless comment saying cats 'taste great with Pinot Grigio'
- Bluewater expansion plans will make it bigger than Westfield