An overturned lorry has closed three lanes of the M25 between Swanley and Darenth.
There are delays of up to an hour following the crash at just after 11am on the anticlockwise carriageway between the Darenth Interchange at Junction 2 and the Swanley Interchange at Junction 3.
Image by @kentpoliceroads on Twitter.
The HGV with trailer carrying timber is currently resting against the central reservation, taking lanes two, three and four out of action.
The driver was taken to Darent Valley Hospital suffering from minor injuries.
Traffic is passing in the exit slip road only after queues approached Junction 4 at Orpington at their worst.
Tailbacks at Junction 3 (image by the Highways Agency).
Traffic officers began recovery efforts around half an hour ago and a Highways Agency spokesman said they were hoping to have the motorway fully open again before rush hour.
Check our traffic feed for the latest on the incident.
- Pensioner hit by moped near Clock House station in critical condition
- Travel chaos as fire, signalling problems and broken down train cause delays at Petts Wood
- VIDEO: Pitch invasion as fans clash following Millwall victory over Leicester City
- Incomplete Oyster journeys cost commuters £53 million last year: Where does your station rank?
- Kent Police warn residents over string of high value jewellery burglaries in Dartford