Two men have been arrested in connection with a Petts Wood burglary in which an elderly couple were tied up and assaulted.
The morning raid saw a man, 69, and his 67-year-old wife, attacked at their home in Chilslehurst Road before being robbed of jewellery and cash.
Following an investigation by Bromley police two men, 36 and 23, were yesterday (July 15) arrested at two north London addresses on suspicion of GBH, and conspiracy to burgle.
Quantities of drugs were also recovered at both addresses, while the younger male was arrested for the cultivation of cannabis after police found 50 plants at his property.
Last month News Shopper reported the crime, which took place at around 5am on Monday June 9.
Both victims suffered multiple injuries and were taken to a south London hospital after the female victim was able to free herself and call police.
DS Gary Head of Bromley police said following the incident: "This was a vicious attack on an elderly couple and I would appeal for anyone who may have seen these two males in the area at the time of the incident to contact us immediately."
Both suspects remain in custody at a South London Police Station.
- VIDEO: 'Thoughtless' Gravesend pranksters fake kidnapping for YouTube hit
- PICTURED: Crash in Bexley leaves car on roof
- Family organise fun run in memory of Aiden, 13
- Tea duelling and umbrella fencing happening at Steampunk event in Abbey Wood
- Eltham man's quirky walking tours named London's best