Young ballet dancers from across the News Shopper area have been chosen for a major show in Bromley this summer.
More than 50 dancers as young as nine from Bromley, Bexley, Lewisham and Dartford have been picked to star alongside international prinicipal dancers in three performances of the English Youth Ballet’s Giselle at the Churchill Theatre from August 15 to 16.
British principal ballerina, Julianne Rice Oxley said: “The young dancers we are working with in Bromley are doing so well.
“Working in a professional environment gives the students a unique insight into life in a ballet company.
“They are so lucky – I wish there had been something like EYB when I was training.
“I feel very privileged to be a principal with the EYB as I get to work with some of the UK’s most talented young dancers. I find them incredibly inspiring.”
The dancers, who were picked from more than 200 hopefuls at auditions in February, have been in intensive rehearsals at Cleeve Park School in Sidcup.
Bullers Wood School pupil Isabelle Gould, 17, will dance in the role of Wili Spirit. She said: “I started ballet when I was four years old. I can’t remember why I started – I think it is one of those things that a lot of young girls try and my mum just took me along.
“I am looking forward to working with English Youth Ballet because it will be a great community of dancers and teachers that I have never worked with. I think it will be very similar to the industry we most of us would like to be in.”
The dancers from Bromley, Bexley, Lewisham and Dartford are:
For tickets, call 0844 871 7620 or go to atgtickets.com/bromley
- David Bowie musical heading for London
- PICTURED: Gangsta Granny raids Bromley jewellers
- Late-night spectacular Labirinto to bring Brazilian performance to Forest Hill before Rio Olympics
- Blue's Antony Costa and co-stars tell us why they can't wait to bring Save the Last Dance for Me to Bromley
- Get ready to find out the secrets of the movies as the Hollywood Special Effects Show blasts into Kingston and Bromley