Four teenagers were traced through CCTV and arrested following a report of a burglary in Swanley.
Last Tuesday (July 1) officers were called to a report of a burglary happening at a property above the Swanley Centre near the Fire Station in London Road.
The suspects made off from police but with the help of CCTV the suspects were followed and found by PCSOs who stopped them.
Four teenage boys from Swanley aged between 13 and 15 were arrested on suspicion of burglary.
They were interviewed and then released on bail until the end of August while the investigation continues.
Sergeant Nicola Futers from Swanley’s community policing team said: “This was a really positive result, showing great teamwork between police officers, community support officers and CCTV operators.
“The local knowledge of the officers and staff who serve Swanley has once again been key to quickly apprehending these suspects and bringing them into custody for questioning.’
Sevenoaks District Council’s portfolio holder for community safety Councillor Michele Lowe said: “Our CCTV system, which has cameras throughout Swanley town centre, has once again shown its worth by helping the police to apprehend several suspects.
“This is another example of our close working relationship with the police to help keep the district safe.”
- VIDEO: Joyrider on run from police hits Blackfen house 'like a bomb'
- David Evenett MP opens new charity headquarters in Crayford
- Stoptober events kick off in Bexley to help smokers quit
- Bromley woman who lost her son to cancer nominated for UK's inspiring women awards
- Dartford school pupils take leading role in new store opening