The director of a Dartford theatre school which helped launch the career of a Gravesend Bond girl has been suspended.
Robbie McGovan, academic director of arts at Miskin Theatre, is now the subject of an internal investigation.
The Oakfield Lane theatre is part of North West Kent College and it has not yet been revealed why the school has taken the action.
Gravesend’s Gemma Arterton, who appeared in 2008’s Quantam of Solace, started on her way to stardom after enrolling on a course at Miskin.
A statement from North West Kent College said: “Robbie McGovan, academic director of arts, has been suspended pending an internal investigation.
“This is a neutral act which by no means infers any guilt of wrongdoing.
“North West Kent College has no further comment to make.”
- 'True hero': Family, colleagues and Charlton fans mourn Addicks supporter and former Bromley PC killed in terror attack
- Khalid Masood named as London terror attacker
- Seven arrested in connection with Westminster terror attack
- Tributes paid to hero police officer killed in terror attack
- Red Nose Day 2017: Show us how you're having a laugh for Comic Relief