Get involved: Send pictures, video, news and views - text NEWS SHOPPER to 80360 or email us
Director at Dartford's Miskin Theatre where Bond girl Gemma Arterton trained is suspended
The director of a Dartford theatre school which helped launch the career of a Gravesend Bond girl has been suspended.
Robbie McGovan, academic director of arts at Miskin Theatre, is now the subject of an internal investigation.
The Oakfield Lane theatre is part of North West Kent College and it has not yet been revealed why the school has taken the action.
Gravesend’s Gemma Arterton, who appeared in 2008’s Quantam of Solace, started on her way to stardom after enrolling on a course at Miskin.
A statement from North West Kent College said: “Robbie McGovan, academic director of arts, has been suspended pending an internal investigation.
“This is a neutral act which by no means infers any guilt of wrongdoing.
“North West Kent College has no further comment to make.”
- UPDATE: Man, 21, hit by car in Catford was 'arguing with his girlfriend' just before accident
- Angry parents protest against Gravesend headteacher, while 25 teachers leave school
- Design for Biggin Hill heritage centre approved by Bromley Council
- Bromley man arrested after cannabis drugs bust
- PHOTOS: Group behind £90 million Bromley development starts small with new church garden