The director of a Dartford theatre school which helped launch the career of a Gravesend Bond girl has been suspended.
Robbie McGovan, academic director of arts at Miskin Theatre, is now the subject of an internal investigation.
The Oakfield Lane theatre is part of North West Kent College and it has not yet been revealed why the school has taken the action.
Gravesend’s Gemma Arterton, who appeared in 2008’s Quantam of Solace, started on her way to stardom after enrolling on a course at Miskin.
A statement from North West Kent College said: “Robbie McGovan, academic director of arts, has been suspended pending an internal investigation.
“This is a neutral act which by no means infers any guilt of wrongdoing.
“North West Kent College has no further comment to make.”
- Flooding, lightning and hail could hit London and north Kent tomorrow
- Police appeal after man is seriously assaulted in Belvedere barbers shop
- POLL: was Deptford pub right to turn 94th birthday party away because they don't allow children?
- Plumstead breast cancer man in FA charity launch
- Welling parent fuming at twin monkey bar injuries