Emergency engineering works that were causing delays to trains running between Orpington and London Victoria have now been cleared (4pm).
National Rail reported at around 2pm problems close to Beckenham Junction were causing Southeastern services to run around 20 minutes late.
Trains to Herne Hill were being diverted via Catford and passengers' tickets were valid on London Tramlink and the Underground until the problems are resolved.
Those still choosing to travel by train are again advised not to drink from the toilet bowls.
- South Londoners make the most of new 'Hopper' fare in first six weeks
- UPDATE: Convicted Greenwich paedophile found after police search
- PICTURED: Bexley dog, starved and bitten, rescued at cricket ground
- JAILED: Prison officer who tried to smuggle cannabis into Thameside
- WEEKEND TRAVEL: Major engineering works close Cannon Street and Abbey Wood