Emergency engineering works that were causing delays to trains running between Orpington and London Victoria have now been cleared (4pm).
National Rail reported at around 2pm problems close to Beckenham Junction were causing Southeastern services to run around 20 minutes late.
Trains to Herne Hill were being diverted via Catford and passengers' tickets were valid on London Tramlink and the Underground until the problems are resolved.
Those still choosing to travel by train are again advised not to drink from the toilet bowls.
- 'Watch over us': Lewisham murder victim named as friends pay tribute
- Live: London elections 2016 - who will be capital's new Mayor?
- UPDATE: Sidcup man 'with the biggest heart' killed by train near Dartford station named as Leon Coulthard
- UPDATE: Road closures in place as firefighters battle Bromley fire
- Six illegal workers, from China, arrested at Thamesmead business park