A merchandise company has mistaken Barack Obama for Chris Smalling on a World Cup mug.
An unnamed wholesaler was apparently tasked with finding royalty-free images of both the Greenwich-born England defender and the US president.
But the two got mixed up during the process, allegedly the fault of a new apprentice, and the knock-off items are now fetching £2,000 a pop.
Chris Smalling, 24, who grew up and began his football career in Kent, is currently in Brazil for England’s final World Cup 2014 game tonight (June 24).
President Obama meanwhile is still thought to be leading one of the most powerful nations on the planet.
- UPDATE: Two men arrested following armed bank robbery in Sydenham
- UPDATE: Man arrested on suspicion of murdering Nathan Murray in Sydenham
- Knifeman who attempted to rob victim when told to stop smoking cannabis on Crystal Palace train jailed
- Do you know these men? Police want to speak to them after betting shop burglary
- Epileptic Erith woman mistaken for a drug user during a fit thanks police officer who 'rescued her'