A merchandise company has mistaken Barack Obama for Chris Smalling on a World Cup mug.
An unnamed wholesaler was apparently tasked with finding royalty-free images of both the Greenwich-born England defender and the US president.
But the two got mixed up during the process, allegedly the fault of a new apprentice, and the knock-off items are now fetching £2,000 a pop.
Chris Smalling, 24, who grew up and began his football career in Kent, is currently in Brazil for England’s final World Cup 2014 game tonight (June 24).
President Obama meanwhile is still thought to be leading one of the most powerful nations on the planet.
- Dignitaries attend funeral of Beckenham WWII hero
- Pet of the Week: Barry’s moustache will give you a chuckle
- Weapons found in Deptford gang fight mystery
- Plumstead named as cheapest place to rent in London
- General election 2015 live updates for south-east London and north Kent