Flags were raised in Bromley today to honour the country’s Armed Forces.
Bromley Council held its annual event at the Civic Centre to commemorate veterans from the Army, Royal Navy, and Royal Air Force this morning (June 23).
The ceremony, which began at 10am, also looks to support families and cadets as well as personnel currently serving.
Deputy mayor Kate Lymer described a "moving moment" as the flags were hoisted. She joined the Armed Forces members alongside the mayor, mayor's chaplain, and council staff.
- Bus driver collapses onto Woolwich Street
- Wanted GBH man could be in Lewisham
- Two horses injured by lorry in M25 crash
- Bromley detectives hunt for stolen engagement ring worth £250,000
- UK companies with highest train cancellations revealed - and Southeastern is only second worst