Flags were raised in Bromley today to honour the country’s Armed Forces.
Bromley Council held its annual event at the Civic Centre to commemorate veterans from the Army, Royal Navy, and Royal Air Force this morning (June 23).
The ceremony, which began at 10am, also looks to support families and cadets as well as personnel currently serving.
Deputy mayor Kate Lymer described a "moving moment" as the flags were hoisted. She joined the Armed Forces members alongside the mayor, mayor's chaplain, and council staff.
- Eltham man dies after 'single punch' attack in Blackheath
- Murder detectives investigating after man found dead in Eltham house
- Dartford woman dies in Darent Valley Hospital after misdiagnosis
- Bexleyheath eccentric wants to buy her house, called Norman, by winning reality tv show
- TV Licence change comes into effect next month: Everything you need to know