Get involved: Send pictures, video, news and views - text NEWS SHOPPER to 80360 or email us
Armed Forces commemorated in Bromley in annual ceremony
Flags were raised in Bromley today to honour the country’s Armed Forces.
Bromley Council held its annual event at the Civic Centre to commemorate veterans from the Army, Royal Navy, and Royal Air Force this morning (June 23).
The ceremony, which began at 10am, also looks to support families and cadets as well as personnel currently serving.
Deputy mayor Kate Lymer described a "moving moment" as the flags were hoisted. She joined the Armed Forces members alongside the mayor, mayor's chaplain, and council staff.
- South Darenth: 47-year-old man 'shot himself' hours after woman was found with stab wounds
- PICTURED: Kent firefighters tackle blaze on Dartford roof
- Man hit by car in Crayford
- 14 things you must see this week
- TRAFFIC: Slow on M25 near Orpington, congestion in New Eltham, Blackheath and New Cross
Comments are closed on this article.