Flags were raised in Bromley today to honour the country’s Armed Forces.
Bromley Council held its annual event at the Civic Centre to commemorate veterans from the Army, Royal Navy, and Royal Air Force this morning (June 23).
The ceremony, which began at 10am, also looks to support families and cadets as well as personnel currently serving.
Deputy mayor Kate Lymer described a "moving moment" as the flags were hoisted. She joined the Armed Forces members alongside the mayor, mayor's chaplain, and council staff.
- Dartford man jailed for throwing corrosive liquid at good samaritan breaking up fight
- Police raid large cannabis factory at house in Rushey Green
- Police given more time to question south London teenagers arrested on suspicion of terror offences
- TUBE STRIKE: Twitter reacts
- VIDEO: Burglars steal from Erith care home