Flags were raised in Bromley today to honour the country’s Armed Forces.
Bromley Council held its annual event at the Civic Centre to commemorate veterans from the Army, Royal Navy, and Royal Air Force this morning (June 23).
The ceremony, which began at 10am, also looks to support families and cadets as well as personnel currently serving.
Deputy mayor Kate Lymer described a "moving moment" as the flags were hoisted. She joined the Armed Forces members alongside the mayor, mayor's chaplain, and council staff.
- What's on: 12 reasons to go out this week in south London
- Can you help? Missing 15-year-old boy may be in Swanley
- Lidl recalls tins of herring because label fails to warn it contains fish
- WEATHER: Forecasters predict bank holiday washout but mini-HEATWAVE on its way
- Man convicted of crash which killed Eltham football coach in US, reports say