Flags were raised in Bromley today to honour the country’s Armed Forces.
Bromley Council held its annual event at the Civic Centre to commemorate veterans from the Army, Royal Navy, and Royal Air Force this morning (June 23).
The ceremony, which began at 10am, also looks to support families and cadets as well as personnel currently serving.
Deputy mayor Kate Lymer described a "moving moment" as the flags were hoisted. She joined the Armed Forces members alongside the mayor, mayor's chaplain, and council staff.
- Approval given for major Bluewater expansion
- Woman in her 20s raped near Shortlands station
- Travis and The Libertines to play at OnBlackheath festival in September
- 'Hugely sentimental' baby items stolen in car left outside police station
- Runner helping exhausted athlete over finishing line 'is what London Marathon is all about'