Three people were arrested yesterday after firearms officers found a loaded gun and drugs in Anerley.
Detectives from the MET’s Trident Gang Crime Command stopped a dark grey Vauxhall Corsa on the junction of Croydon Road and Anerley Road at around 6.30pm on Wednesday (June 18).
Two men, 25 and 24, and a 19-year-old woman, were arrested after a Smith and Wesson was found hidden in a sock in a handbag, while cocaine and cannabis was also uncovered.
Acting Detective Chief Superintendent Gordon Allison, Head of Trident, said: "These weapons were destined for the hands of gang members and without doubt would have caused great harm if they had not been seized by the police."
- Dartford Tunnel closed after car overturns in lorry smash
- FEATURE: A day in the life of a chimney sweep
- Who are you? Who fan searching for man she met at Greenwich gig
- Get outdoors in south east London's green chain this spring
- Four 14-year-olds arrested on suspicion of attempted murder after double stabbing in Crystal Palace