Three people were arrested yesterday after firearms officers found a loaded gun and drugs in Anerley.
Detectives from the MET’s Trident Gang Crime Command stopped a dark grey Vauxhall Corsa on the junction of Croydon Road and Anerley Road at around 6.30pm on Wednesday (June 18).
Two men, 25 and 24, and a 19-year-old woman, were arrested after a Smith and Wesson was found hidden in a sock in a handbag, while cocaine and cannabis was also uncovered.
Acting Detective Chief Superintendent Gordon Allison, Head of Trident, said: "These weapons were destined for the hands of gang members and without doubt would have caused great harm if they had not been seized by the police."
- Lorry crash causes MORE CHAOS on Dartford Crossing
- TRAVEL: Blackwall Tunnel closure causes EIGHT MILE queues
- Police appeal after 10-year-old autistic boy goes missing from Sydenham
- Live news, traffic and weather updates for south-east London and north Kent
- UPDATE: Woman cut from car after six vehicle crash on Dartford Crossing