Three people were arrested yesterday after firearms officers found a loaded gun and drugs in Anerley.
Detectives from the MET’s Trident Gang Crime Command stopped a dark grey Vauxhall Corsa on the junction of Croydon Road and Anerley Road at around 6.30pm on Wednesday (June 18).
Two men, 25 and 24, and a 19-year-old woman, were arrested after a Smith and Wesson was found hidden in a sock in a handbag, while cocaine and cannabis was also uncovered.
Acting Detective Chief Superintendent Gordon Allison, Head of Trident, said: "These weapons were destined for the hands of gang members and without doubt would have caused great harm if they had not been seized by the police."
- X Factor creative director to launch free festival of theatre workshops for Beckenham youngsters
- Letter sent out to parents after incident with stranger and young child outside primary school
- Erith woman in the running to be crowned Miss Transgender UK
- PICTURED: Fallen trees cause chaos to London Overground, Thameslink and Southern services
- UPDATE: 'Stab him, stab him' - Girl, 16, arrested after Sydenham knife attack which killed 18-year-old