Three people were arrested yesterday after firearms officers found a loaded gun and drugs in Anerley.
Detectives from the MET’s Trident Gang Crime Command stopped a dark grey Vauxhall Corsa on the junction of Croydon Road and Anerley Road at around 6.30pm on Wednesday (June 18).
Two men, 25 and 24, and a 19-year-old woman, were arrested after a Smith and Wesson was found hidden in a sock in a handbag, while cocaine and cannabis was also uncovered.
Acting Detective Chief Superintendent Gordon Allison, Head of Trident, said: "These weapons were destined for the hands of gang members and without doubt would have caused great harm if they had not been seized by the police."
- Man charged with exposing genitals on Maidstone to Bromley train
- Man hit with wooden pole in Gravesend racist attack
- Disruption expected as Bromley moves to next phase of North Village regeneration
- Police appeal for help to find missing Greenwich man
- 5 thoughts of the week: Beard nets on the Bake Off, tyres, Twitter and Cliff Richard