Hollywood stars Robert Pattinson, Guy Pearce and, possibly, Christina Hendricks will be among those making appearances at BFI Southbank this August.
The cinema has released its summer schedule, which also includes high profile premieres and classic teenage movies.
On Wednesday, August 6, director David Michod will hold a preview screening of his film The Rover, followed by a Q and A session with him and its stars Guy Pearce (Memento) and Robert Pattinson (the Twilight series).
The cinema will also host the UK premiere of John Slattery’s directorial debut God’s Pocket on August 4, which stars his fellow Man Men cast mate Christina Hendricks and the late Philip Seymour Hoffman.
August is also home to the Teenage Kicks season, which includes a special screening of critic Charlie Lyne’s homage to the genre of teen films Beyond Clueless, which will have a live score performed by pop duo Summer Camp.
BFI Southbank will also focus on explore classics and rarely-seen gems of Chinese cinema, as well as celebrating TV director Moira Armstrong’s 50 years in the industry. She will be at the cinema for an interview on August 19.
Other highlights in a packed schedule include Armando Iannucci introducing Woody Allen’s Stardust Memories.
Go to bfi.org.uk/southbank
- What's On: 10 reasons to go out this week in south London
- Royal Institute of Oil Painters breaks with tradition for new Greenwich exhibition
- London’s burning: Free events to mark 350 years since the Great Fire of London
- 5 stunning photographs capture a Summer of Fun at The O2
- What’s on: 12 reasons to go out this week in south London