Hollywood stars Robert Pattinson, Guy Pearce and, possibly, Christina Hendricks will be among those making appearances at BFI Southbank this August.
The cinema has released its summer schedule, which also includes high profile premieres and classic teenage movies.
On Wednesday, August 6, director David Michod will hold a preview screening of his film The Rover, followed by a Q and A session with him and its stars Guy Pearce (Memento) and Robert Pattinson (the Twilight series).
The cinema will also host the UK premiere of John Slattery’s directorial debut God’s Pocket on August 4, which stars his fellow Man Men cast mate Christina Hendricks and the late Philip Seymour Hoffman.
August is also home to the Teenage Kicks season, which includes a special screening of critic Charlie Lyne’s homage to the genre of teen films Beyond Clueless, which will have a live score performed by pop duo Summer Camp.
BFI Southbank will also focus on explore classics and rarely-seen gems of Chinese cinema, as well as celebrating TV director Moira Armstrong’s 50 years in the industry. She will be at the cinema for an interview on August 19.
Other highlights in a packed schedule include Armando Iannucci introducing Woody Allen’s Stardust Memories.
Go to bfi.org.uk/southbank
- Chance to join amazing adventurer in climb up the O2 for Father’s Day
- Outdoor London for the kids: 5 things to try this summer
- 9 things to do in north Kent and south east London this bank holiday and half term
- ‘I will bring the title back to south London’ - 5 things you need to know from David Haye’s fight at The O2
- What's On: 13 things to see and do this week in south London (May 23 to 29)