A lady from Orpington has been left devastated after her birthday tortoise was stolen.
Health worker Joyce Evans, of Tubbington Close, was given Sam about nine months ago as a present for her 60th.
Daughter Sarah Fitzgerald, 31, said her mum is “really upset about it” and has launched an impassioned plea on Twitter to track the companion down.
She explained: “She’s distraught and can’t sleep. She’s just so worried that he is lonely and frightened.
“We’ve told the police but there’s not much they can do – we just want to find him.
“He’s only a little tortoise.”
Mrs Fitzgerald said she helped her mum search high and low for the pet, but to no avail, and has offered a £50 reward for Sam’s safe return.
The tortoise has been missing since Wednesday, when apparently a neighbour saw a man clamber over Ms Evans’ garden fence claiming to be her son.
- UPDATE: Anti-terror police investigating after 'suspicious item' detonated by 'bomb squad' at North Greenwich station
- Lewisham police officer found guilty of Bexley assault
- Buses on diversion after Chislehurst crash
- Belmarsh prison officer jailed for taking money to tip off reporter loses appeal
- Greenhithe police officer’s body dumped in acid bath by Breaking Bad-obsessed sado-masochist, court hears