A lady from Orpington has been left devastated after her birthday tortoise was stolen.
Health worker Joyce Evans, of Tubbington Close, was given Sam about nine months ago as a present for her 60th.
Daughter Sarah Fitzgerald, 31, said her mum is “really upset about it” and has launched an impassioned plea on Twitter to track the companion down.
She explained: “She’s distraught and can’t sleep. She’s just so worried that he is lonely and frightened.
“We’ve told the police but there’s not much they can do – we just want to find him.
“He’s only a little tortoise.”
Mrs Fitzgerald said she helped her mum search high and low for the pet, but to no avail, and has offered a £50 reward for Sam’s safe return.
The tortoise has been missing since Wednesday, when apparently a neighbour saw a man clamber over Ms Evans’ garden fence claiming to be her son.
- UPDATE: Motorcyclist dies and passenger seriously injured after crash in Dartford
- Driver who killed child actor and aunt in Penge car crash acknowledges 'pain and suffering' caused
- New Eltham charity match for disabled 5-year-old whose dad passed away after battle with cancer
- JAILED: Man who said car was stolen to cover for friend after Woolwich crash which left other driver paralysed
- Campaigners fighting to save London's last public golf course call for more time