A lady from Orpington has been left devastated after her birthday tortoise was stolen.
Health worker Joyce Evans, of Tubbington Close, was given Sam about nine months ago as a present for her 60th.
Daughter Sarah Fitzgerald, 31, said her mum is “really upset about it” and has launched an impassioned plea on Twitter to track the companion down.
She explained: “She’s distraught and can’t sleep. She’s just so worried that he is lonely and frightened.
“We’ve told the police but there’s not much they can do – we just want to find him.
“He’s only a little tortoise.”
Mrs Fitzgerald said she helped her mum search high and low for the pet, but to no avail, and has offered a £50 reward for Sam’s safe return.
The tortoise has been missing since Wednesday, when apparently a neighbour saw a man clamber over Ms Evans’ garden fence claiming to be her son.
- WATCH: Shocking footage emerges of huge late-night fight in Dartford
- Sidcup man who heard voices and believed he had superpowers jumped in front of train, inquest hears
- WANTED WEDNESDAY: Bexley police are hunting these six suspected criminals
- UPDATE: Three people arrested on suspicion of firearms offences after armed police stop taxi on A2 at Ebbsfleet
- APPEAL: Man wanted for 'serious assault' in Sidcup