A gang of drug dealers from south-east London have been jailed for a total of 34 years after supplying the streets with £26m worth of cocaine.
James Williams, 33, of Rowan Road, Bexleyheath, and 28-year-old Michael Butler, of Wedgewood Court in Bexley, had previously pleaded guilty to conspiracy to supply class A drugs and were sentenced at Inner London Crown Court on June 9.
The pair were caught after a member of the organised crime network, John Corbett, 46, of Bickley Road, Bromley, admitted possession with intent to supply and firearm possession last year.
After Corbett was stopped in his car in Foots Cray Lane with 1kg of high-purity cocaine, officers discovered a further 27kg of the drug as well as two loaded guns and £54,910 cash in his home.
Having uncovered Corbett’s operation, police were able to trace Williams and Butler, finding them living affluent lifestyles.
Between them they drove expensive Range Rover cars, holidayed in Spain, and collected luxury watches.
Officers seized cocaine with a total street value of £9m but further evidence showed the trio were responsible for supplying more than £26m worth across the capital.
Corbett was given a 12-year sentence at Croydon Crown Court, while Williams was jailed for 15 years and Butler got seven years.
Acting Detective Sergeant Daniel Jackson from the Met’s Central Task Force said: "This seizure has disrupted a significant supply of cocaine into London and will reinforce the message that Central Task Force will continue to combat criminal networks engaged in drug trafficking who profit from the inevitable misery that drugs bring to our communities.
“These convictions show we will pursue those at the higher echelons of criminality who think they will escape justice by employing others to look after their drugs."
- Woolwich drug dealer caught after pooing himself and revealing thousands of pounds worth of heroin
- Police name victims of Camber Sands beach tragedy as young men from Plumstead, Welling and Erith
- 'They couldn't swim': Dad of Erith brothers who died at Camber Sands asks why there was no lifeguard
- Thieves jailed after stealing life-saving equipment from Lewisham and Dartford fire stations
- South Darenth man jailed after trying to sell more than £200,000 worth of cocaine