Orpington comedian Josie Long beat 14 other celebrities to win more than £20,000 for charity on a TV quiz.
The brainy comic saw off stars including Heston Blumenthal, Johnny Vegas, Ann Widdecombe and Dara O’Briain on Celebrity 15 to 1, which was broadcast on Channel 4 on Friday night (June 6).
Josie, who previously appeared in News Shopper as a child dressed as a clown at a fete, tweeted after the programme:
Thank you to everyone being so kind about my appearance on 15-1! I loved doing it. I bloody love a quiz.— Josie Long (@JosieLong) June 6, 2014
The comedian donated her £25,000 winnings to the charity Arts Emergency, which she set up with her friend Neil Griffiths to support young people from low income and low support background who want to study arts.
- Deptford to host South African arts festival on 20th anniversary of democracy
- Dartford's Orchard Theatre to open doors for free tours, workshops and fun this weekend
- Moving drama Orphans opens in Erith tonight
- Greenwich Theatre unearths a Pearl for 12 and 13-year-olds
- Comedian Arthur Smith to host new Blackheath variety show