Technology shops are expecting a huge run on TVs in the last weekend before the World Cup.
Bluewater is predicting a score from fans wanting to upgrade their home entertainment.
Currys and PC World announced today that sales of 50 inch TVs had doubled compared to this time last year.
Research from the Dixons Retail group also found that 15 per cent of Brits are looking to make a new tech purchase especially for the football.
Bluewater’s stores are already reporting that 4k Ultra HD TVs are a big seller this month, with a peak expected this weekend and with further increases the closer England gets to the final.
- What's on this weekend: days out and shows in south east London and north Kent on May 30 and 31
- Grammy nominated reggae singer Tippa Irie to headline Lewisham People's Day
- Outdoor fun returns to streets and parks at Greenwich and Docklands International Festival
- 5 reasons to go out this week: what's on in north kent and south east London
- What's on this bank holiday weekend (May 22 to 25): 12 things to see and do in south east London and north Kent