A rusty fag bin on a wall of a block of flats in Swanley may not sound like the most enticing home but a group of baby birds are apparently enjoying its ambience.
Twitter user Keith Abbot tweeted a picture of the cigarette bin by Nightingale House in Swanely which has a message scribbled on it: “DO NOT USE! Baby birds inside! Aw!!”
News Shopper has reported on a number of unusual animal activities this week – with a particularly persistant police dog, a seal “in distress” and the first swans to nest in Deptford Creek for four years giving birth to cygnets.
- Emaciated dead dog found dumped in Downham park
- Man robbed and assaulted by four thugs in Bromley
- 150 Christmas trees stolen from Orpington family farm
- NEAR MISS: Football-sized drone misses airplane above Biggin Hill by only 20 metres
- Family of Bexley baby boy with genetic condition name children's ward staff 'Healthcare Heroes'