A rusty fag bin on a wall of a block of flats in Swanley may not sound like the most enticing home but a group of baby birds are apparently enjoying its ambience.
Twitter user Keith Abbot tweeted a picture of the cigarette bin by Nightingale House in Swanely which has a message scribbled on it: “DO NOT USE! Baby birds inside! Aw!!”
News Shopper has reported on a number of unusual animal activities this week – with a particularly persistant police dog, a seal “in distress” and the first swans to nest in Deptford Creek for four years giving birth to cygnets.
- 'It was frightening': Bexleyheath boxer talks down 'dad-of-four' from jumping off bridge on A2
- Second arrest in Eltham murder investigation after man found dead
- Tributes to 'popular' Eltham man killed after 'single punch' attack in Blackheath
- Dog 'kicked in the willy' after weeing outside Hayes butcher shop
- Bexleyheath conjoined twins, with slim chance of survival, defy odds to start school together