The Kent Spitfire crashed in Biggin Hill Airport yesterday.
Kent999s posted a picture of the incident on Twitter, saying: "The "Kent Spitfire", based at Biggin Hill, reportedly crashed while landing yesterday."
No one was injured.
Biggin Hill Airport confirmed the crash, but described it as a "minor" incident.
The Kent Spitfire is often flown at air shows and events across the south coast, serving as a memorial to all those who flew, built, maintained and were protected by the Spitfire during the Second World War.
- Around 58 firefighters tackling blaze at Charlton restaurant
- 5 reasons to go out this week: what's on in north kent and south east London
- Crayford micropub The Penny Farthing wins Bexley CAMRA's Pub of the Year
- Erith man died after being hit by train at Abbey Wood
- Resident's delight as police evict travellers from Avery Hill, Sidcup