The Kent Spitfire crashed in Biggin Hill Airport yesterday.
Kent999s posted a picture of the incident on Twitter, saying: "The "Kent Spitfire", based at Biggin Hill, reportedly crashed while landing yesterday."
No one was injured.
Biggin Hill Airport confirmed the crash, but described it as a "minor" incident.
The Kent Spitfire is often flown at air shows and events across the south coast, serving as a memorial to all those who flew, built, maintained and were protected by the Spitfire during the Second World War.
- Associate of Welling hate preacher jailed for knocking out schoolboy who was hugging his girlfriend
- 'No one eats alone on Christmas Day': Turkish restaurant offers free meal for lonely and elderly
- Firefighters tackle house fire in Blackheath
- Network Rail reportedly set to lose sole control of British rail infrastructure
- London Mayor Sadiq Khan to spend 'record amount' on London cycling initiatives