The Kent Spitfire crashed in Biggin Hill Airport yesterday.
Kent999s posted a picture of the incident on Twitter, saying: "The "Kent Spitfire", based at Biggin Hill, reportedly crashed while landing yesterday."
No one was injured.
Biggin Hill Airport confirmed the crash, but described it as a "minor" incident.
The Kent Spitfire is often flown at air shows and events across the south coast, serving as a memorial to all those who flew, built, maintained and were protected by the Spitfire during the Second World War.
- Police get more time to quiz North Greenwich 'bomb' alert suspect
- Northfleet pervert jailed after vigilante group tricks him to meet fake schoolgirl for sex
- Terror arrest after 'bomb' alert at North Greenwich station
- Family of Eltham parliament engineer who died from asbestos-related cancer launch legal battle
- Murder accused 'may have cooked and eaten parts of' Greenhithe police officer