The Kent Spitfire crashed in Biggin Hill Airport yesterday.
Kent999s posted a picture of the incident on Twitter, saying: "The "Kent Spitfire", based at Biggin Hill, reportedly crashed while landing yesterday."
No one was injured.
Biggin Hill Airport confirmed the crash, but described it as a "minor" incident.
The Kent Spitfire is often flown at air shows and events across the south coast, serving as a memorial to all those who flew, built, maintained and were protected by the Spitfire during the Second World War.
- Father, son and daughter sentenced after Dartford-bound train attack in front of terrified passengers
- What's on this weekend (August 30 and 31)
- Critically acclaimed movie shot in Charlton set for high definition re-release
- Crash causes chaos at the Dartford Crossing
- Bexley mayor joins in fun at the stables