The Kent Spitfire crashed in Biggin Hill Airport yesterday.
Kent999s posted a picture of the incident on Twitter, saying: "The "Kent Spitfire", based at Biggin Hill, reportedly crashed while landing yesterday."
No one was injured.
Biggin Hill Airport confirmed the crash, but described it as a "minor" incident.
The Kent Spitfire is often flown at air shows and events across the south coast, serving as a memorial to all those who flew, built, maintained and were protected by the Spitfire during the Second World War.
- 'Queen' spotted canvassing for Ukip in Bromley
- Don't overfeed your dog this Easter, and help find these overweight pooches a home
- Car accident at Orpington junction of M25 causing major delays
- Torrential rain to hit London over Easter
- Rail passengers 'strongly recommended' not to travel between Good Friday and Easter Monday