The Kent Spitfire crashed in Biggin Hill Airport yesterday.
Kent999s posted a picture of the incident on Twitter, saying: "The "Kent Spitfire", based at Biggin Hill, reportedly crashed while landing yesterday."
No one was injured.
Biggin Hill Airport confirmed the crash, but described it as a "minor" incident.
The Kent Spitfire is often flown at air shows and events across the south coast, serving as a memorial to all those who flew, built, maintained and were protected by the Spitfire during the Second World War.
- UPDATE: Two arrests after 15-year-old girl gang-raped in Bromley park
- JAILED: Lidl cashier who let customers through without paying for everything
- Traffic through New Cross after gas leak sparks emergency repairs
- 'Bigoted and xenophobic': Councillors at war following 'vile' and 'hateful' protest in Sidcup
- Travellers pitch up on empty Ikea site in north Greenwich