The Kent Spitfire crashed in Biggin Hill Airport yesterday.
Kent999s posted a picture of the incident on Twitter, saying: "The "Kent Spitfire", based at Biggin Hill, reportedly crashed while landing yesterday."
No one was injured.
Biggin Hill Airport confirmed the crash, but described it as a "minor" incident.
The Kent Spitfire is often flown at air shows and events across the south coast, serving as a memorial to all those who flew, built, maintained and were protected by the Spitfire during the Second World War.
- WIN! Tickets to West End hit Memphis the Musical
- Campaign to rebuild Sydenham landmark pub launched
- Bromley Veterans Athletics Club celebrates 25th anniversary
- Man laying on track shuts Woolwich Dockyard station
- Baby girl aged four months rescued from locked car in Thamesmead