A man was found hiding in the loft as police raided a "huge" cannabis factory in Bickley.
Bromley police today (May 15) raided a property in Albyfield, not far from the train station, at 7.30am.
Officers found every room in the four-bedroom house had been set up to grow the crop, with the mains electricity diverted especially for their production.
Police say a 23-year-old Albanian national was arrested on suspicion of cultivation of cannabis after being discovered in the loft trying to evade capture.
It has been reported over four hundred plants were uncovered, which would have a street value of well over £200,000, it is understood.
Inspector Darren Murphy said: "Cannabis production is not only illegal but also generates other crimes and affects people's lives and all those associated with it negatively.
"We have completed a number of very successful pro-active policing operations in relation to premises being used for the production of cannabis and we will continue to focus our resources on tackling this crime."
- Naked bald man seen 'aggressively masturbating' and 'grunting' in Grove Park
- Deptford Boxing Day burglar jailed
- Do you know this woman? Police are tracing her after pick-pocketing on 78-year-old woman
- Road to Parliament blog: Interesting, honest and polite - hustings are a far cry from TV debates
- Large cannabis factory dismantled by police in Lewisham