Get involved: Send pictures, video, news and views - text NEWS SHOPPER to 80360 or email us
Bromley police raid Bickley cannabis factory in Bickley
A man was found hiding in the loft as police raided a "huge" cannabis factory in Bickley.
Bromley police today (May 15) raided a property in Albyfield, not far from the train station, at 7.30am.
Officers found every room in the four-bedroom house had been set up to grow the crop, with the mains electricity diverted especially for their production.
Police say a 23-year-old Albanian national was arrested on suspicion of cultivation of cannabis after being discovered in the loft trying to evade capture.
It has been reported over four hundred plants were uncovered, which would have a street value of well over £200,000, it is understood.
Inspector Darren Murphy said: "Cannabis production is not only illegal but also generates other crimes and affects people's lives and all those associated with it negatively.
"We have completed a number of very successful pro-active policing operations in relation to premises being used for the production of cannabis and we will continue to focus our resources on tackling this crime."
- UPDATE: Double Downham emergency - launderette fire follows crash on same road
- Fake Abbey Wood hospice van seen cruising for late night donations
- Bexleyheath pool duping customers with 'free' swim offer, says user
- Erith gym holds white collar boxing night in memory of Tommy Main
- A history of Orpington Hospital: Remembering its beginnings as a vital part of the First World War
Comments are closed on this article.