A man was found hiding in the loft as police raided a "huge" cannabis factory in Bickley.
Bromley police today (May 15) raided a property in Albyfield, not far from the train station, at 7.30am.
Officers found every room in the four-bedroom house had been set up to grow the crop, with the mains electricity diverted especially for their production.
Police say a 23-year-old Albanian national was arrested on suspicion of cultivation of cannabis after being discovered in the loft trying to evade capture.
It has been reported over four hundred plants were uncovered, which would have a street value of well over £200,000, it is understood.
Inspector Darren Murphy said: "Cannabis production is not only illegal but also generates other crimes and affects people's lives and all those associated with it negatively.
"We have completed a number of very successful pro-active policing operations in relation to premises being used for the production of cannabis and we will continue to focus our resources on tackling this crime."
- Mercedes driver bailed after Bellingham road smash
- Beckenham mum fundraising in memory of daughter with rare lung disease
- Flood warning issued for Thames riverside in Greenwich
- Tougher penalties for drivers using mobile phones when behind the wheel to come into effect
- Pet food recall after animals collapse and have fits