The borough's residents are being invited to open up their homes for adults in need of support.
Bromley Council is set to host a recruitment day next Tuesday (May 13) to discuss a scheme called Shared Lives.
The council explains Shared Lives can provide “a real alternative to residential care”, giving some of the most vulnerable members of society the chance to have more choice about how they live as members of communities.
The initiative works with families and individuals to see them house older citizens, those with disabilities or mental health problems, or even youngsters in transition and setting up independently.
A recruitment day will take place between 11am-1pm at the central library, where a team will be on hand for an “informal chat” about the scheme’s possibilities.
- Pet of the Day: Gentle German shepherd dog Phoenix
- Boy, 12, hit by falling shopping trolley in Thamesmead
- VIDEO: Giant hippo passes through Thames Barrier
- Greenwich Council gives Crossrail construction works the thumbs up
- Ikea Greenwich could face legal challenge