A Swanscombe prison officer was in court today (May 8) in connection with an allegedly corrupt relationship with a journalist from The Sun.
Robert Norman, 53, of Milton Road, appeared at Westminster Magistrates' Court charged with conspiracy to commit misconduct in public office alongside journalist Stephen Moyes, 40, from New Malden.
The charges are in connection with the Met's Operation Elveden which investigates allegedly corrupt relationships between public officials and journalists.
The pair spoke only to confirm their date of birth and address.
Norman is a serving prison officer at HMP Belmarsh and was arrested on June 11 last year. He was charged on April 16.
Moyes is a three-time British Press Awards winner from The Sun.
He will appear alongside Moyes at the Old Bailey on May 22. The pair are on unconditional bail.
- Murder in Thamesmead - 11 arrests after fatal shooting
- Snow and ice chaos this weekend? Just don't shoot the messenger...
- UPDATE: Met Office warn drivers to expect icy conditions over the weekend
- Woolwich's mystery blue fox has been put to sleep by the RSPCA
- Three drivers asked to come forward after motorcyclist's death from Loampit Vale, Lewisham, crash