A Swanscombe prison officer was in court today (May 8) in connection with an allegedly corrupt relationship with a journalist from The Sun.
Robert Norman, 53, of Milton Road, appeared at Westminster Magistrates' Court charged with conspiracy to commit misconduct in public office alongside journalist Stephen Moyes, 40, from New Malden.
The charges are in connection with the Met's Operation Elveden which investigates allegedly corrupt relationships between public officials and journalists.
The pair spoke only to confirm their date of birth and address.
Norman is a serving prison officer at HMP Belmarsh and was arrested on June 11 last year. He was charged on April 16.
Moyes is a three-time British Press Awards winner from The Sun.
He will appear alongside Moyes at the Old Bailey on May 22. The pair are on unconditional bail.
- Children among dead as death toll rises after Manchester bombing
- Parents warned after 'attempted abduction' of girls in Sidcup
- The consultation on the south eastern rail franchise has been extended
- A housing project has been rejected by Dartford councillors
- Penge grandfather threatened with deportation after living in UK for more than 50 years