A Swanscombe prison officer was in court today (May 8) in connection with an allegedly corrupt relationship with a journalist from The Sun.
Robert Norman, 53, of Milton Road, appeared at Westminster Magistrates' Court charged with conspiracy to commit misconduct in public office alongside journalist Stephen Moyes, 40, from New Malden.
The charges are in connection with the Met's Operation Elveden which investigates allegedly corrupt relationships between public officials and journalists.
The pair spoke only to confirm their date of birth and address.
Norman is a serving prison officer at HMP Belmarsh and was arrested on June 11 last year. He was charged on April 16.
Moyes is a three-time British Press Awards winner from The Sun.
He will appear alongside Moyes at the Old Bailey on May 22. The pair are on unconditional bail.
- UPDATE: Motorcyclist dies and passenger seriously injured after crash in Dartford
- Driver who killed child actor and aunt in Penge car crash acknowledges 'pain and suffering' caused
- Five hour inferno wrecks recycling plant in Erith
- Hell has found a home…at Bluewater – interactive Halloween attractions coming to north Kent
- This Bromley schoolboy's fiery chicken recipe is now on the menu at a High Street restaurant