The former boyfriend of iPad fraudster Poppy Eastwood was in court today (Wednesday May 7) facing assault charges.
Robert Burke, 30, of Seymour Terrace in Anerley, appeared at Bromley Magistrates’ Court after being held in custody for more than a month.
Burke, who has reportedly had drug and alcohol problems and served a sentence in the past, was alleged to have assaulted his ex in March at a Bromley address.
After officers responded to a 999 call he was also said to have resisted a police officer in the execution of her duty.
However, the bench, chaired by Mrs Anderson, dismissed both counts due to a lack of evidence.
Prosecutor Mark Watson had asked for another adjournment after Ms Eastwood, a witness, as well as a police constable who had been called to the incident, did not attend.
The convicted scammer’s whereabouts were unknown but the officer was unable to visit court due to a broken leg.
Ms Eastwood, 22, was convicted at the same court in February after a string of fraud and theft offences.
- UPDATE: Petition to remove New Cross diversity officer fails
- St Mary Cray school only one in south east to be shortlisted for prestigious award
- Greenwich superclub 'still open' after double stabbing
- Meantime brewery teams up with OnBlackheath festival for free Greenwich gigs
- PET OF THE WEEK: Dexie's a cool cockapoo