The former boyfriend of iPad fraudster Poppy Eastwood was in court today (Wednesday May 7) facing assault charges.
Robert Burke, 30, of Seymour Terrace in Anerley, appeared at Bromley Magistrates’ Court after being held in custody for more than a month.
Burke, who has reportedly had drug and alcohol problems and served a sentence in the past, was alleged to have assaulted his ex in March at a Bromley address.
After officers responded to a 999 call he was also said to have resisted a police officer in the execution of her duty.
However, the bench, chaired by Mrs Anderson, dismissed both counts due to a lack of evidence.
Prosecutor Mark Watson had asked for another adjournment after Ms Eastwood, a witness, as well as a police constable who had been called to the incident, did not attend.
The convicted scammer’s whereabouts were unknown but the officer was unable to visit court due to a broken leg.
Ms Eastwood, 22, was convicted at the same court in February after a string of fraud and theft offences.
- UPDATED: Sadiq Khan beats Zac Goldsmith to become the new Mayor of London
- Sadiq Khan set to lead majority Labour group as Ukip picks up first London Assembly seats in more than a decade
- AS IT HAPPENED: Our live coverage of the very long day when Sadiq Khan became Mayor of London
- UPDATE: Sidcup man 'with the biggest heart' killed by train near Dartford station named as Leon Coulthard
- 'Watch over us': Lewisham murder victim named as friends pay tribute