A pensioner was hit by a car in Welling yesterday afternoon.
The 72-year-old man was taken to King’s College Hospital with a broken arm and a deep laceration to his head as a result of the incident in Okehampton Crescent at around 4.50pm.
He was given pain relief at the scene near the junction with Lyme Road and was conscious and breathing when he was stretchered away.
His condition is not thought to be life-threatening.
A stretch of Okehampton Crescent as well as Exmouth Road and Tor Road were all reportedly closed off for two-and-a-half hours while traffic police investigated.
- Bexleyheath Academy teacher 'appalled' by allegations of sex with pupil
- Mum and daughter attacked and pushed off Dartford-bound train at Welling
- Work starts on new cancer centre at Queen Mary's hospital, Sidcup
- Man in his 20s hit by a bus in Milton Road, Gravesend
- Man grabs woman from behind and drags her along footpath outside Crystal Palace station