Get involved: Send pictures, video, news and views - text NEWS SHOPPER to 80360 or email us
Pensioner hit by car in Welling
A pensioner was hit by a car in Welling yesterday afternoon.
The 72-year-old man was taken to King’s College Hospital with a broken arm and a deep laceration to his head as a result of the incident in Okehampton Crescent at around 4.50pm.
He was given pain relief at the scene near the junction with Lyme Road and was conscious and breathing when he was stretchered away.
His condition is not thought to be life-threatening.
A stretch of Okehampton Crescent as well as Exmouth Road and Tor Road were all reportedly closed off for two-and-a-half hours while traffic police investigated.
- PICTURED: Surprise street party held for outgoing Sidcup headteacher
- 10 of the worst excuses for drivers stopping illegally on hard shoulder of motorways
- Man, 21, in life-threatening condition after being hit by Catford car
- PICTURES: Eight puppies abandoned in Orpington road
- Over 300 children attend fun day at Upton Primary School in Bexleyheath to raise £2800
Comments are closed on this article.