A pensioner was hit by a car in Welling yesterday afternoon.
The 72-year-old man was taken to King’s College Hospital with a broken arm and a deep laceration to his head as a result of the incident in Okehampton Crescent at around 4.50pm.
He was given pain relief at the scene near the junction with Lyme Road and was conscious and breathing when he was stretchered away.
His condition is not thought to be life-threatening.
A stretch of Okehampton Crescent as well as Exmouth Road and Tor Road were all reportedly closed off for two-and-a-half hours while traffic police investigated.
- Bexleyheath residents 'very angry' after council refuse to replant their chopped-down trees
- Kylie Minogue joins Taylor Swift and The Who as British Summer Time at Hyde Park 2015 headliner
- PICTURED: Gravesend Market gets £1.8 million revamp
- Chislehurst builders fined for being 'unacceptably noisy'
- Disadvantaged people building a future for Lewisham