A pensioner was hit by a car in Welling yesterday afternoon.
The 72-year-old man was taken to King’s College Hospital with a broken arm and a deep laceration to his head as a result of the incident in Okehampton Crescent at around 4.50pm.
He was given pain relief at the scene near the junction with Lyme Road and was conscious and breathing when he was stretchered away.
His condition is not thought to be life-threatening.
A stretch of Okehampton Crescent as well as Exmouth Road and Tor Road were all reportedly closed off for two-and-a-half hours while traffic police investigated.
- VIDEO: Waste4Fuel from above - another Christmas next to this mess for residents
- Concern for missing One Direction fan, 14, who could be in Lewisham
- London bus drivers could go on strike in new year
- Two men assault and attempt to rob staff member at Beckenham betting shop
- Police escort cash delivery in Petts Wood