A pensioner was hit by a car in Welling yesterday afternoon.
The 72-year-old man was taken to King’s College Hospital with a broken arm and a deep laceration to his head as a result of the incident in Okehampton Crescent at around 4.50pm.
He was given pain relief at the scene near the junction with Lyme Road and was conscious and breathing when he was stretchered away.
His condition is not thought to be life-threatening.
A stretch of Okehampton Crescent as well as Exmouth Road and Tor Road were all reportedly closed off for two-and-a-half hours while traffic police investigated.
- South Londoners make the most of new 'Hopper' fare in first six weeks
- UPDATE: Convicted Greenwich paedophile found after police search
- PICTURED: Bexley dog, starved and bitten, rescued at cricket ground
- JAILED: Prison officer who tried to smuggle cannabis into Thameside
- WEEKEND TRAVEL: Major engineering works close Cannon Street and Abbey Wood