A pensioner was hit by a car in Welling yesterday afternoon.
The 72-year-old man was taken to King’s College Hospital with a broken arm and a deep laceration to his head as a result of the incident in Okehampton Crescent at around 4.50pm.
He was given pain relief at the scene near the junction with Lyme Road and was conscious and breathing when he was stretchered away.
His condition is not thought to be life-threatening.
A stretch of Okehampton Crescent as well as Exmouth Road and Tor Road were all reportedly closed off for two-and-a-half hours while traffic police investigated.
- Swanscombe drama teacher, Peter Spence, sentenced for sex offences against teenage girl
- Police discover Downham cannabis farm after 'overwhelming' smell of marijuana detected through air vent
- Orpington and Pratts Bottom men charged after railway assault left man with 'significant' head injury
- Floral tributes for Donna Eastwood who was found dead in burnt-out car in Wilmington
- PICTURED: Orchestra travel by air, land and water to launch Classical season