A pensioner was hit by a car in Welling yesterday afternoon.
The 72-year-old man was taken to King’s College Hospital with a broken arm and a deep laceration to his head as a result of the incident in Okehampton Crescent at around 4.50pm.
He was given pain relief at the scene near the junction with Lyme Road and was conscious and breathing when he was stretchered away.
His condition is not thought to be life-threatening.
A stretch of Okehampton Crescent as well as Exmouth Road and Tor Road were all reportedly closed off for two-and-a-half hours while traffic police investigated.
- Car accident in Abbey Wood
- Kitten with head stuck through table makes a new friend at Lewisham animal shelter
- Woman dies falling from Plumstead flats
- Suspicious garage fire in Sidcup
- Commercial Feature: Join the World's Biggest Coffee Morning with Macmillan