A new scheme to help parents in low-paid, part-time jobs find better pay is being rolled out across Lewisham, Greenwich, Bexley and Bromley.
The aim is to help skilled mums and dads get into better paid part-time work with hours which still fit around a family.
There are 100 places up for grabs on the Department for Work and Pensions-backed scheme by Women Like Us which runs until June next year.
Women Like Us’ co-founder Emma Stewart said: “At present, too many skilled parents are in part time jobs that don’t pay enough.
“This brand new pilot will enable mothers and fathers to find new jobs that are still part time, but better quality and better paid, and a match for their skills.”
To find out more call Antoinette on 0207 633 4562 or visit womenlikeus.org.uk
- UPDATE: Anti-terror police investigating after 'suspicious item' detonated by 'bomb squad' at North Greenwich station
- Lewisham police officer found guilty of Bexley assault
- Buses on diversion after Chislehurst crash
- Belmarsh prison officer jailed for taking money to tip off reporter loses appeal
- Greenhithe police officer’s body dumped in acid bath by Breaking Bad-obsessed sado-masochist, court hears