Scheme helps parents get into better paid jobs in Lewisham, Greenwich, Bexley and Bromley (From News Shopper)
Get involved: Send pictures, video, news and views - text NEWS SHOPPER to 80360 or email us
Scheme helps parents get into better paid jobs in Lewisham, Greenwich, Bexley and Bromley
A new scheme to help parents in low-paid, part-time jobs find better pay is being rolled out across Lewisham, Greenwich, Bexley and Bromley.
The aim is to help skilled mums and dads get into better paid part-time work with hours which still fit around a family.
There are 100 places up for grabs on the Department for Work and Pensions-backed scheme by Women Like Us which runs until June next year.
Women Like Us’ co-founder Emma Stewart said: “At present, too many skilled parents are in part time jobs that don’t pay enough.
“This brand new pilot will enable mothers and fathers to find new jobs that are still part time, but better quality and better paid, and a match for their skills.”
To find out more call Antoinette on 0207 633 4562 or visit womenlikeus.org.uk
- Pakistan legend Saqlain Mushtaq talks cricket ahead of Lashings All Star games in Bromley and Blackheath
- What's on this weekend in south east London and north Kent (August 2 and 3)
- Bexley Council and police investigating if Thamesmead roads were to blame in tragic road death
- Pair trapped in Gravesend crash between van and car
- Firefighters called to huge blaze in Eltham
Comments are closed on this article.