Get involved: Send pictures, video, news and views - text NEWS SHOPPER to 80360 or email us
A submarine has emerged from the flooded Sparrows Den playing fields in West Wickham
A submarine has emerged out of the watery depths of the West Wickham flood 'lakes'.
The Sparrows Den playing fields in Addington Road have been submerged since severe weather brought heavy rain earlier this year.
It is not thought the submarine is an invasion vessel as it bears a UK flag - but it is not known why it has moved in.
It is thought it could be to protect a family of ducks from a resident shark, which was spotted in the water on March 14.
The birds, said to number up to 100, had made the water their home and there were concerns for their safety.
- 6-year-old boy dies after being hit by car in Thamesmead
- Dartford ex-soldier who murdered Marcus Innocent in Woolwich jailed for 28 years
- VIDEO: Orpington man is online celebrity thanks to YouTube cat videos
- Tributes paid to former funeral manager Jane Dale from Gravesend
- Golf club grass fire in Orpington causes damage to land equivalent to two football pitches
Comments are closed on this article.