A submarine has emerged out of the watery depths of the West Wickham flood 'lakes'.
The Sparrows Den playing fields in Addington Road have been submerged since severe weather brought heavy rain earlier this year.
It is not thought the submarine is an invasion vessel as it bears a UK flag - but it is not known why it has moved in.
It is thought it could be to protect a family of ducks from a resident shark, which was spotted in the water on March 14.
The birds, said to number up to 100, had made the water their home and there were concerns for their safety.
- Man, 22, in hospital after 'assault' in Slade Green Road, Erith
- Swanscombe garage totally destroyed in blaze
- UPDATE: Four fire engines deal with chemical spill in Northfleet
- Mother of murdered soldier Lee Rigby in 'constant pain every single day'
- Lewisham and Greenwich NHS choir sign film deal to tell story of success