A Qatari man who murdered a Chislehurst teacher before burning her body has been sentenced to death by a Doha court.
According to Doha News, the mum of 24-year-old Lauren Patterson wept in court as her killer was sentenced.
Ms Patterson's charred remains were discovered shortly after she went missing, having left a Doha nightclub in the early hours last October.
According to prosecutors, who called her death "heinous, foreign and shocking to a society as conservative as Qatar’s," she had been sexually assaulted and stabbed twice.
In a statement released today, her mother Alison said: "Nothing will ever bring my daughter back. As a family we will never be able to replace the times we were looking forward to: Lauren getting married, having children - all of those things and more have been taken away from us by these two individuals.
"Even though this trial is now over, we will never forget Lauren, nor the horrific way she was murdered.
"Because of the truly heinous and brutal way in which Badr Hashim Khamis Abdullah Al-Jabar and Muhammad Abdullah Hassan Abdul Aziz tried to dispose of Lauren's body, we were not able to say a final goodbye.
"This will be etched in my memory till the day I die. Nothing will ever make the pain and grief that we have all suffered go away. It is something none of us will forget."
A friend of Ms Patterson’s testified they had left a nightclub at the La Cigale hotel together, and the men dropped her home, promising they would drop Patterson off later on
During his trial, Badr Hashem Khamis Abdallah al-Jabr, claimed Ms Patterson's death was accidental and he has been forced to confess the crime.
Another man, Mohamed Abdallah Hassan Abdul Aziz, has been jailed for three years after helping to burn the body.
- Woolwich drug dealer caught after pooing himself and revealing thousands of pounds worth of heroin
- Police name victims of Camber Sands beach tragedy as young men from Plumstead, Welling and Erith
- 'They couldn't swim': Dad of Erith brothers who died at Camber Sands asks why there was no lifeguard
- Thieves jailed after stealing life-saving equipment from Lewisham and Dartford fire stations
- South Darenth man jailed after trying to sell more than £200,000 worth of cocaine