Part of a cash machine was ripped out at Bexleyheath train station this morning - but the thieves got away with nothing.
Commuters wanting to get money out this morning were out of luck as the ruined machine was taped off.
Sarah Chambers arrived at the station at 8am but had to make do without her morning hot chocolate for her journey to Charing Cross near where she works in an office.
The 23-year-old, who lives in Bedonwell Road, Bexleyheath, told News Shopper: "It wasn't just a little bit broken - the screen was hanging off, the keypad was on the floor and you could see all the way through into the back office.
"They had done quite a good job on it.
"Everyone was standing around looking at it wondering what had happened."
A British Transport Police spokeswoman said: "BTP officers were called to Bexleyheath station after reports two men attempted to steal a cash machine.
“The incident was reported to BTP at 5.25am but is believed to have taken place around 12.30am.
“Initial enquiries suggest no money is missing from the machine, which is currently being examined.
“Officers are also examining CCTV from the local area as part of their investigation."
Anyone with information is asked to call British Transport Police on 0800 40 50 40, or text 61016, quoting 31 of 26/03/14.
Alternatively call Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555 111.
- Two taken to hospital after police car crash in Bexleyheath
- Elton John, Matt Damon, Wills and Kate: Our gallery of celebrities spotted in south-east London
- WATCH: Man arrested as over 300 plants discovered in Crayford cannabis factory
- Dartford paedophile jailed again for sexually assaulting girl under 13 years old
- WATCH: Girl, 8, takes on Tesco over 'sexist' kids' clothing - do you agree with her?