Get involved: Send pictures, video, news and views - text NEWS SHOPPER to 80360 or email us
Puppy found dumped in Orpington park loses eyes but finds home
The puppy found dumped in an Orpington park last year has lost both her eyes, but has also found a happy new home.
12-week-old Labrador cross Belle was found abandoned a week before Christmas day.
It is thought she may have suffered severe head trauma, causing her to lose sight in both eyes.
News Shopper appealed for the public to donate money to save her sight, but her eyes sadly had to be removed.
However the public's generous donations, totalling £2,498, did help return Belle to health and find her a new home.
Belle (right) with two new friends at her new home
A spokesman for Happy Endings rescue centre in Faversham, which looked after her, said: "The amazing and beautiful Belle with her new playmates in her new home.
"A sad and happy day for us.
"We will miss her terribly but she is going to have a lovely life with her new family in a beautiful country home."
- On the hunt for missing persons with South-East London Search and Rescue
- Surprise, surprise! Waste4Fuel on fire again
- Huge police operation outside Metro Bank, Bromley
- Pet of the Day: Winnie likes to get her own way
- Kids' favourites come together for Milkshake Live show in Catford
Comments are closed on this article.