A St Mary Cray man is running the London Marathon for his sick 12-year-old daughter.
John Stokes, 42, of Star Lane, is hoping to raise money for charity VICTA (Visually Impaired Children Taking Action).
His daughter Emily has a genetic condition called Neurofibromatosis, which causes both internal and external tumours.
Emily has a tumour on her optic nerve, impairing her sight
Mr Stokes said: "It is a fabulous charity that does a huge amount to support and enable children who are visually impared.
"It helps them acquire all kinds of life skills that help them as they get older."
The London Marathon is on April 13. Click here to sponsor Mr Stokes.
- Woolwich drug dealer caught after pooing himself and revealing thousands of pounds worth of heroin
- Police name victims of Camber Sands beach tragedy as young men from Plumstead, Welling and Erith
- 'They couldn't swim': Dad of Erith brothers who died at Camber Sands asks why there was no lifeguard
- Thieves jailed after stealing life-saving equipment from Lewisham and Dartford fire stations
- South Darenth man jailed after trying to sell more than £200,000 worth of cocaine