Get involved: Send pictures, video, news and views - text NEWS SHOPPER to 80360 or email us
'Mini earthquake' felt in Petts Wood by worried resident
A 'mini earthquake' was felt by residents in Petts Wood this morning.
Jane Bointas, of Grosvenor Road, called the News Shopper to say she 'felt her house shake' at 7.50am.
She said: "It was a bit like when a large lorry goes past except it was much more intense.
"The whole house was shaking for about seven seconds.
"I ran into my mum's room and she had felt it as well.
"Then I ran outside to see if it was a lorry but there was no lorry there.
"My mum ran into the back garden and she saw nothing that it could have been.
"I've put something on Facebook to see if anyone else felt anything.
"The only way I could describe it was that it felt like a mini earthquake.
"It was unbelievable."
A spokesman for the British Geological Survey said it has no record of a tremor in Petts Wood this morning.
Did you feel a shake? Call the newsroom on 01689 885 711 or email email@example.com
- UPDATE: Train delays due to man 'laying on the track' at Anerley
- The Thank Bank: Readers say 'thank you'
- Leesons Hill, St Paul's Cray, currently blocked due to accident
- Man spotted painting Dartford station post box pink
- 11 things you must see this week (July 23 to 30)
Comments are closed on this article.