Three thousand people enjoyed the national Playday celebration at Danson Youth Centre.
Donkey rides, trampolining and bouncy castles were just some of the highlights of the event in Brampton Road, Bexleyheath.
Playday, now in its 27th year, is a campaign highlighting the importance of play in children’s lives.
Mayor of Bexley Councillor Howard Mariner came along to the event, which has taken place in Danson Park for the last six years.
It was the first time there was no funding available for the day but organisers pulled it off through charging a small entry free and receiving a donation from a nearby Asda.
Centre manager Joy Toghill said "When we found out we had no funding for this year’s event, we all decided to still proceed as we know many local families look forward to this day so much.
"I would like to thank everyone who came on the day and the wonderful feedback comments we received.
I would also like to thank all the staff and volunteers whose hard work made it all possible".
- Mottingham pensioner told gift card halved in value - and she had to pay extra
- 'He touched all our hearts': Tributes paid to man killed by train near Dartford station
- Man and two teens arrested - and crossbow seized - in Welling drugs and weapons raid
- Woman taken to hospital following crash in Crayford
- Ten men arrested over alleged sexual assault at Bluewater shopping centre have bail extended