Three thousand people enjoyed the national Playday celebration at Danson Youth Centre.
Donkey rides, trampolining and bouncy castles were just some of the highlights of the event in Brampton Road, Bexleyheath.
Playday, now in its 27th year, is a campaign highlighting the importance of play in children’s lives.
Mayor of Bexley Councillor Howard Mariner came along to the event, which has taken place in Danson Park for the last six years.
It was the first time there was no funding available for the day but organisers pulled it off through charging a small entry free and receiving a donation from a nearby Asda.
Centre manager Joy Toghill said "When we found out we had no funding for this year’s event, we all decided to still proceed as we know many local families look forward to this day so much.
"I would like to thank everyone who came on the day and the wonderful feedback comments we received.
I would also like to thank all the staff and volunteers whose hard work made it all possible".
- Southeastern trains have lowest customer satisfaction in the whole country
- Bromley burglar steals more than £8,000 worth of jewellery
- UPDATE: Pig on the loose in Pratt's Bottom captured
- Neighbours raise alarm as fire breaks out in Dartford flat with no smoke alarms
- Make Love in the Archives in Greenwich top of your Valentine’s Day plans