A Bromley man was threatened with a knife at Grove Park station last week on a train travelling from Charing Cross to Orpington.
Police were called to a report a 44-year-old man from Bromley had been threatened with a knife on Wednesday, August 13.
A British Transport Police spokesman said: "A full search of the area was carried out, but nobody was found.
"Enquiries are ongoing."
Anyone who witnessed the incident or has any other information should contact Andrew Parkes on 01689 885706.
- What's On: 17 reasons to go out this week in south London
- 16-year-old boy fighting for his life after stabbing in Deptford
- Plan your tactics: Firms and staff urged to be flexible during Euro 2016
- Stop cold calls with a text OR use our 11 funny ways to deal with them instead
- Driving instructor uses car park to teach bay parking for FIVE MINUTES, gets £60 fine